Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle of the Four Horsewomen & Ronda in WWE...

Options
  • 10-09-2017 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭

So since WWE are building to the big 4 horsewomen v 4 horsewomen match, I figured it deserved it's own thread as it is going to be a pretty big deal having Ronda working for WWE, and one would assume the ball will really start rolling on Tuesday at the Mae Young Classic finale.

Here's the video of Ronda's fabulous acting skills and the initial confrontation outside Full Sail:

Here's Ronda at the Santino Bros' wrestling school in Cali':
    DJXxHsaXgAAxBRy.jpg:large

So where does everyone think it goes? Speculation is a Survivor Series match. Would you see it as the main event? Can they deliver a great match with one green girl and three absolute novices against the WWE crew?

Does it interest you or do nothing for you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think they'll do the 4vs4 match leading to a charlotte match vs ronda at mania.

I would guess that shayna would do most of the work in the match considering she's a lot more experienced. Haven't had a chance to watch the MYC to see if she's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd guess Ronda stands tall and leads to Ronda vs Steph at WM.

Ronda has also been on Network TV all summer in the States as a coach on Battle of the Network Stars on ABC so she is opening doors for herself all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I'd guess Ronda stands tall and leads to Ronda vs Steph at WM.

Ronda has also been on Network TV all summer in the States as a coach on Battle of the Network Stars on ABC so she is opening doors for herself all over the place.

Smart move because she's finished in MMA - completely found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

No way Steph should do a match. I was going to say no way she will but it's always a possibility. Can definitely see it ending up Charlotte v Ronda down the line but hope they do the 4 v 4 first. Would boost Becky and Bayley a bit. Rumour has it that Ronda, Marina and Jessamyn are all getting pro wrestling training.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any reason for Sasha not being there? Raw schedule?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Any reason for Sasha not being there? Raw schedule?

Raw wrestlers have tuesday off as far as i know but i think there off to Australia for a tour so its a possibility she might not be there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think its great Rhonda is doing WWE; she could be a massive boost to the credibility of the division if booked right.

The issue is that, knowing this was coming....why have the WWE women been so, so poorly booked in recent weeks? On Raw, Sasha and Bayley have been disasters, and on Smackdown, Becky and Charlotte barely feature (I'm not sure if thats a better or worse fate for them). If they'd recieved months of a build, I'd understand but as it is, I don't believe any of the four horse women should go near toe to toe with Rhonda. Are we to believe Bayley stands a chance against her in a fight when she couldn't even beat Bliss or whoever else?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I think its great Rhonda is doing WWE; she could be a massive boost to the credibility of the division if booked right.

The issue is that, knowing this was coming....why have the WWE women been so, so poorly booked in recent weeks? On Raw, Sasha and Bayley have been disasters, and on Smackdown, Becky and Charlotte barely feature (I'm not sure if thats a better or worse fate for them). If they'd recieved months of a build, I'd understand but as it is, I don't believe any of the four horse women should go near toe to toe with Rhonda. Are we to believe Bayley stands a chance against her in a fight when she couldn't even beat Bliss or whoever else?

I think they are intentionally keeping people like Becky and Charlotte away from the title because this storyline will run concurrently but seperate from the womens title feuds.

I am sure they will build up the fact that Bayley and co are far superior wrestlers and that this is PW not UFC. I would also be of the opinion that like others have said there will be a 4on4 Survivor series match and then Rhonda might go 1on1 with either Charlotte or Steph potentially at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

It is a very good question as to why they have booked Sasha and especially Bayley so incredibly badly with this on the horizon. Becky and Charlotte have mostly been off TV, which as backwards as it seems, is beneficial to them.

I think the horsewomen match is Survivor Series and Steph v Ronda is Wrestlemania. Yes, Charlotte is the better call for the big singles match, but Steph is the bigger star so she has that going for her, and let's face it, she is a McMahon which holds sway. You could potentially get two Mania's out here with a strong win over Steph and then build Charlotte up big for the following year.

It really would take a great deal of effort to screw this up given that it books itself and all parties appear to be up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

df2e1862285e38f88541513ff7231ece1200c326a9d816fe481e766454141c63.jpg

WWE right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is a marquee match that is needed for Survivor Series. Also a good enough excuse for them to main event a big-4 PPV for the first time ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They haven't actually mentioned it on the main shows yet, have they?

No just the videos on social media but they didn't film that latest one for no reason. The live Mae Young final tomorrow might push it on a bit too.

And don't think Ronda is doing pro wrestling training for giggles either...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote:

How?
    Cause she was a UFC champion?
    Like Brock I just don't see this argument carrying any weight in wrestling, it's not based on a legit competitive contest.
    If Joe or Strowman won the title nobody would say well now the WWE Champion lacks credibility. I'm sure people would actually prefer it as Lesnar's has been stale for some time & his match quality is erratic at best.
    They could give most women on the main roster "credablility" if they didn't book most of them like losers it'd help. Practically patting them on the head for main eventing Raw or having gimmick matches then undermining the whole thing with frivolous title runs that gets nobody over, making Bayley act weird, ending Charlotte's streak at a B PPV on a whim, then having Bayley admit that she didn't deserve the title to Stephanie.
    Ronda could come in & get a bit of buzz but it'd fizzle out quicker than expected like everything else does now.
    She didn't exactly remain commited to MMA or acting either when it went south but I'm sure her debut match will be ran through a thousand times before it happens given the experience of some involved.

Ronda is a bigger popular culture figure than Brock ever was in fairness. Not saying it won't fizzle out but the initial buzz should be very big if it's built correctly.

The hope would be that a percentage of the unique audience that bought Ronda's fights will follow her to WWE and take a network sub to see her fight. One would expect it would be a small portion, but say 20% of the 1.1 million who bought her last fight would be 220,000 new subscribers. Half of them decide to stick around to see what happens next or taking an interest in Shayna or the other women, or they just plain forget to cancel and that's a nice boost to the network.

Of course, it may be a flop too. Certainly worth a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Pentecost wrote: »
    Ronda is a bigger popular culture figure than Brock ever was in fairness. Not saying it won't fizzle out but the initial buzz should be very big if it's built correctly.

Vince-McMahon-WCW-645x370.jpg

Hold my beer/ protein shake

https://twitter.com/RondaRousey/status/936688439923265536
    Footage in this clip of Ronda Rousey at the Santino Bros's wrestling academy and the WWE PC, as well as from the MYC. Looks like she can throw a clothesline so she's bound to be a roaring success...

• Advertisement

Here is your winner..Stephanie McMahon!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

To an arena of boos..

This was ****1/2 :D

Advertisement