Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm strobe light, help

Options
  • 11-09-2017 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

There are two alarm sirens fitted to my house alarm and where one is fitted I would like to fit a 230v strobe beacon instead.
    I am just wondering should this be a straight swap or is this not possible am I missing something and it won't work.

Thanks in advance for any help or tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Alarm systems use 12VDC not 240VAC. You would need to use a 12V relay to switch the strobe on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

And due to both electrical regulations and the law you would have to employ a registered electrician and a PSA licensed installer

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ntgar

kub wrote: »
    And due to both electrical regulations and the law you would have to employ a registered electrician and a PSA licensed installer

I thought of that afterwards, I'll get a electrician in so to do it when getting a few order jobs done.

Thanks very much for the help.

Advertisement