Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of aerlingus trans Atlantic seats

Options
  • 11-09-2017 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hope I'm posting in the right place. I've found flights on aerlingus to fly dub to NYC 700 for 2 people. When I try to book is looking for extra for the seat choice ... I mean the regular ones that you normally choose for free. This is the first time I've been asked for this and am not sure.

Now I'm in the US now checking this out but will be home in a few days. Is this charge because I am looking from a US computer. If I booked from Ireland would I have to pay for seat choice? It seems like a great deal before paying for seats?

Anyone shed any light?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

If you want to book a seat in advance you will pay a fee (nearly all airlines do this these days). 24 hours before flight you can check in online and choose your seat or choose it while checking in at the airport. Won't cost anything then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Sounds like you've selected the new 'Saver' fare from Aer Lingus. Basically a no frills service to the US. blurp from EI website

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Yeah you also have to pay for baggage using the "saver" fare. I'm watching flights at the moment myself and was tempted to book the saver fare until I saw all the extras that need to be paid for.
    The next fare up generally works out cheaper because it includes seat selection and baggage. In my case, the regular fare is only €80 more expensive than the saver but because it includes the extras, its better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

I didn't hear about this saver fare. I may look into it. I got a little too excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭GiantPencil

It's their way of trying to compete with Norwegian by offering you an option where you just have carry on luggage casue in the past the price of checking in a bag was always included in the price even if you didnt need to check in a bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

you can choose for free 30 hours before departure if not on a Saver fare.

Advertisement