Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC Co-ordinator

Options
  • 11-09-2017 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

A letter was sent around today about JC Co-ordinator. You get 4 periods off to take up this role. I am thinking of applying. Does anybody know what this might entail? How is this role undertaken in your school?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

We were all asked to write a letter of application and the principal would pick someone. Our plan is to have two people who would each get 2 hours off. From what I understand they're your go-to person then on questions regarding the new JC - if you don't understand a component of the assessment they'd ring department for you etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

This has also come-up in my school. However, we were told that the successful candidate wouldn't just get the hours taken off their timetable weekly but would have to use them in blocks at busy periods during the year. There is a full application process with interviews in my school.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I would personally run a mile from this unless you want to do all the work. There's a lot more in the role than people realise

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

sitstill wrote: »
    This has also come-up in my school. However, we were told that the successful candidate wouldn't just get the hours taken off their timetable weekly but would have to use them in blocks at busy periods during the year. There is a full application process with interviews in my school.

We were told the opposite. That it would have to be taken off weekly as to take a block off would be upset things too much. We've no interview just write a letter to principal and she will decide.

dory wrote: »
    We were told the opposite. That it would have to be taken off weekly as to take a block off would be upset things too much. We've no interview just write a letter to principal and she will decide.

That's interesting. I wonder how different Ps can take such different approaches with it?

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    I would personally run a mile from this unless you want to do all the work. There's a lot more in the role than people realise

Would you be able to tell us more about what's involved in the role? My P and DP were a bit sketchy with the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Would you be able to tell us more about what's involved in the role? My P and DP were a bit sketchy with the details.

I think you'll have to unpack the role yourself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Pretty sure there is a circular on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭doc_17

Make sure SLARS happen, get the results from the teachers, it's not too bad.

doc_17 wrote: »
    Make sure SLARS happen, get the results from the teachers, it's not too bad.

answer every question that any teacher may have or find out the answers to those questions, keep everyone on track with their CBAs and ATs, keep track of results, get the JCPA in play, compile data for same from all necessary students, assist in arranging inservice days. Sit back and do nothing and all the staff will be looking at you waiting for answers......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

What's the money like?

What's the money like?

there is none, hours off only

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭doc_17

TheDriver wrote: »
    answer every question that any teacher may have or find out the answers to those questions, keep everyone on track with their CBAs and ATs, keep track of results, get the JCPA in play, compile data for same from all necessary students, assist in arranging inservice days. Sit back and do nothing and all the staff will be looking at you waiting for answers......

If CBAs and ATs don't happen on time then it's the teacher that has a problem not me. I appreciate where you are coming from but I find it's really not that big of a deal work wise for a few hours off per week.

I'm glad I'm doing it. That may change. And if it does I'll happily say I was wrong.

Advertisement