Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre in my area.

Options
  • 11-09-2017 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Just a question about Fibre broadband, I know it has been in my area for a while now so the other day I checked on the Eir website if I was able to get it and I got this message.[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]"Although your area is enabled for eir Fibre broadband, it hasn't reached your address yet." [/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]What exactly does this mean, I know someone who has it less than a mile from my house. Surely Eir should be connecting address who can receive it before they roll it out in other areas. [/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Thank You[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Sevenie wrote: »
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Just a question about Fibre broadband, I know it has been in my area for a while now so the other day I checked on the Eir website if I was able to get it and I got this message.[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]"Although your area is enabled for eir Fibre broadband, it hasn't reached your address yet." [/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]What exactly does this mean, I know someone who has it less than a mile from my house. Surely Eir should be connecting address who can receive it before they roll it out in other areas. [/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Thank You[/font]
    Hi Sevenie, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

This would mean that your area has been enabled for the service however your address has not been as of yet I'm afraid. You can register online here - https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/ and you will be informed when the service has gone live at your address and you can continue to check for an update online also. 

The service is subject to availability and each house is individual for the service so not all customers may be able to avail of it. 

Thanks 

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

Oh ok, that's a bit disappointing but thanks for the reply and clarifying it.

Sevenie wrote: »
    Oh ok, that's a bit disappointing but thanks for the reply and clarifying it.
    No problem at all. 

I understand your frustration with this, I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 6 galwayred82

Apologies for jumping on the back of this thread. I have checked the eir fibre roll out map and can see that eir fibre extreme is available at my address in Galway. How do I confirm if any additional external infrastructure work is required in advance of a technician calling out to complete set up? This was an issue for a neighbour in that external cabelling work at the outside telephone pole had to be completed before they could be connected. I want to make this is completed for my house before ordering the fibre broadband package. Thanks.

Apologies for jumping on the back of this thread. I have checked the eir fibre roll out map and can see that eir fibre extreme is available at my address in Galway. How do I confirm if any additional external infrastructure work is required in advance of a technician calling out to complete set up? This was an issue for a neighbour in that external cabelling work at the outside telephone pole had to be completed before they could be connected. I want to make this is completed for my house before ordering the fibre broadband package. Thanks.
    Hi galwayred82, 

Thanks for getting in touch today. 

I'm afraid there is no way to determine this pre order, an order would need to be placed with ourselves and then a site survey can be carried out by a technician. If extra work is required you will be advised of this at this stage. 

Thanks 

Adam 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 galwayred82

Thanks for the reply Adam. So just to confirm I can order fibre broadband through any of the available service providers, it doesn't necessarily have to be Eir, and then the site survey will be carried out etc before install?

Thanks for the reply Adam. So just to confirm I can order fibre broadband through any of the available service providers, it doesn't necessarily have to be Eir, and then the site survey will be carried out etc before install?
    I wouldn't be able to comment on the services that a different provider can give you or what process they would follow after the order is placed, however, if you place the order with us this would be the process that would take place.

- Adam

Advertisement