Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for the Driving Instructor who didn't register my lessons

Options
  • 11-09-2017 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm trying to hunt down a driving instructor I had a couple of years ago. First name was Barry, can't remember the last name or what company he was with. I had 5 lessons with him then went back to college and I'm only starting up the lessons again now.

The problem is I had 5 lessons completed with Barry, but I didn't receive a logbook (didn't realise I was supposed to) and now there's no record of the lessons online. I'd rather not pay for the lessons again so I'm hoping to trace this fella.

It's not Barry Fox from Ferrybank. Long shot I know - anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Got my lessons years ago off a guy named Barry from Waterford Driving Academy. Think he was located around Keanes Road. Might be worth a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    Got my lessons years ago off a guy named Barry from Waterford Driving Academy. Think he was located around Keanes Road. Might be worth a shot?

Cheers, I think that was him! Doesn't look like he's doing lessons anymore though - or at least, waterford driving academy website no longer exists!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

If you didn't have the log book it is not up to the driving instructor register the lessons, it is only EDT lessons that are logged not regular ones. Similar thing happened to me previously but I had the log book and copies of the lessons, although the log book was not filled in that well. My instructor did not log them online and I had various calls and emails to go to the RSA office had to go in for a face to face meeting with my log book and for the log book to be sent off for "inspection". My instructor had retired and they were having issues contacting him after he moved abroad. (he had stopped responding to my requests to log in and register the lessons.)

Long story short it was a big and on going ordeal. After it got resolved after a few months I did not pass my test first time anyway and ended up doing more lessons. It might be easier just to re-do the lessons again with your current instructor. Chances are they will only do you good and it might be a faster option than fighting for the 5 lessons you took but were not logged anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

If you didn't have the log book it is not up to the driving instructor register the lessons, it is only EDT lessons that are logged not regular ones. Similar thing happened to me previously but I had the log book and copies of the lessons, although the log book was not filled in that well. My instructor did not log them online and I had various calls and emails to go to the RSA office had to go in for a face to face meeting with my log book and for the log book to be sent off for "inspection". My instructor had retired and they were having issues contacting him after he moved abroad. (he had stopped responding to my requests to log in and register the lessons.)

Long story short it was a big and on going ordeal. After it got resolved after a few months I did not pass my test first time anyway and ended up doing more lessons. It might be easier just to re-do the lessons again with your current instructor. Chances are they will only do you good and it might be a faster option than fighting for the 5 lessons you took but were not logged anywhere.

Maybe logbook is the wrong word - whatever the instructor is supposed to supply you with and stamp after each lesson - that's what I didn't get.

Have decided to go down that route of doing all lessons again - hopefully I'll get through them handily enough.

Advertisement