Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings withdrawal

• 11-09-2017 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Can someone please advise me… I need to withdraw funds from my child’s savings account, can I withdraw from a bank with my identification, and bank sort code and account number? Anything else they might ask for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sooty1

What age is your child?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Under 12yo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Can someone please advise me… I need to withdraw funds from my child’s savings account, can I withdraw from a bank with my identification, and bank sort code and account number? Anything else they might ask for?

That should be sufficient. Obviously an online withdrawal would be easiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sooty1

Yes that should be sufficient - you could try calling them first to see what they will need. I presume its not a 30 day account or anything like that?

I'm not with AIB myself, so I could probably rule out an online withdrawal. Just a standard savings account, no 30Day nonsense. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

If the child is over 7 they may be required to sign the withdrawal slip; this is the case in my local Credit Union for example. The exact requirement will be given in the T&C of the account you signed up for, any how many parties there are (if both parents are listed as holders on the account, for example)

Child is not in the country, so signature would not be possible.

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Child is not in the country, so signature would not be possible.

Only the institution that the account is with can tell you so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

I'm not with AIB myself, so I could probably rule out an online withdrawal.

One does not need to have an AIB current account to have an AIB online account.

Advertisement