Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long shot but ....................

• 11-09-2017 4:18pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got a sear for a cz452 (.22lr)?

I know DIP do an aftermarket version, but i'm looking for an original. The rifle is a 1995 CZ452 in .22lr. The sear has worn down and while the rifle fires fine if you switch the safety off too quickly/aggressively the rifle fires. It passes a bump test, but after examining the sear i'm not sure how long this will be the case. The safety works when engaged, but the rifle is, imo, not completely safe and therefore unfit for use.

Looking to replace the existing sear with one from the exact same model of rifle. If all else fails i'll go for the DIP, but would rather have an original part and CZ no longer sell parts for the CZ452.

I've also tried a host of other online sites that offer gun parts, but most don't offer anything and the couple that do are basically selling the DIP product.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - After closer inspection it seems the sear engagement area on the trigger is also worn. So looking for both trigger and sear.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Cass wrote: »
    Has anyone got a sear for a cz452 (.22lr)?

I know DIP do an aftermarket version, but i'm looking for an original. The rifle is a 1995 CZ452 in .22lr. The sear has worn down and while the rifle fires fine if you switch the safety off too quickly/aggressively the rifle fires. It passes a bump test, but after examining the sear i'm not sure how long this will be the case. The safety works when engaged, but the rifle is, imo, not completely safe and therefore unfit for use.

Looking to replace the existing sear with one from the exact same model of rifle. If all else fails i'll go for the DIP, but would rather have an original part and CZ no longer sell parts for the CZ452.

I've also tried a host of other online sites that offer gun parts, but most don't offer anything and the couple that do are basically selling the DIP product.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - After closer inspection it seems the sear engagement area on the trigger is also worn. So looking for both trigger and sear.

TIG ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sorry not following. TIG welding, a website?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Want to thank all the lads that contacted me with help, offers and advice/links. I got sorted.

Big thanks to Tony Curran and the guys in Ardee sports for getting me sorted quickly and for a good price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement