Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE HELP - FILE EXPLORER WILL NOT OPEN - SOLVED

Options
  • 11-09-2017 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi there, so I recently got a MSI GL62 7QF with the standard 128GB SSD, then today I installed a second SSD to the spare drive bay in the laptop. The SSD is a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO which was brand new, never did anything with it, just took it out of the box and put it into the laptop. So then I booted up and everything seemed fine until I tried to open file explorer, the blue loading circle appears and then the start menu freezes and eventually reloads but file explorer does not open. The laptop does however, recognize that the drive because I went into drive manager and was able to name it and format it. If I search for documents in the search bar and then click on the folder, it comes up not responding. I also can't open command prompt but other programs seem to work fine. I have tried opening file explorer in safe mode but it won't either. I would appreciate help with this as I need it resolved.

THE PROBLEM IS NOW SOLVED, I SAW THAT THE NORTON ANTIVIRUS ICON HAD GONE BLANK WHICH INDICATED A CORRUPT PROGRAM.

Advertisement