Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirSport Issue again

Options
  • 11-09-2017 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,690 ✭✭✭✭

After taking about a month before I could actually register I appear to only be allowed watch it twice a month. Each time I log in it fails to recognise my laptop so I have to "swap devices". Now it turns out you can only swap ONCE per calendar month? So I now cant use it until October?

Why cant it recognise the same laptop, Or recognise ANY device? Why cant you "swap" more often given YOUR system doesn't recognise devices. It only allows for two LOGINS rather than devices.

What kind of awful con/scam is this thing?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

if you delete the cookie from live.eirsport.ie with ccleaner etc it wont work , you have to keep that cookie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,690 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Nowso wrote: »
    if you delete the cookie from live.eirsport.ie with ccleaner etc it wont work , you have to keep that cookie

I dont know what a cookie is so havent deleted it. I did log out of the site. Do you have to keep it logged in at all times?

Must be. After a "chat" on the eir support site I got the devices cleared so I could use it. Then lo and behold when I log out and out of curiosity tried to log in "unrecognised device" again. At least that chat feature helps. Just use that a few times a week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

if you ran ccleaner or another app to clear you memory cache it probably deleted the file implanted on your device to identify it . you need to to set an exception for it not to delete it. when you activate it again

Nowso wrote: »
    if you ran ccleaner or another app to clear you memory cache it probably deleted the file implanted on your device to identify it . you need to to set an exception for it not to delete it. when you activate it again

Except I never ran a cleaner. I ran no other program of any type. Yet it fails completely to recognise the laptop.

I suppose they prefer to force people to use Sky so it can be added onto the box thing and watched on TV. Providing an actual service to non-sky customers doesnt help both companies. Placing a device restriction system on a service that is incapable to recognise a device is one heck of a stunt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

pjohnson wrote: »
    After taking about a month before I could actually register I appear to only be allowed watch it twice a month. Each time I log in it fails to recognise my laptop so I have to "swap devices". Now it turns out you can only swap ONCE per calendar month? So I now cant use it until October?

Why cant it recognise the same laptop, Or recognise ANY device? Why cant you "swap" more often given YOUR system doesn't recognise devices. It only allows for two LOGINS rather than devices.

What kind of awful con/scam is this thing?
    Hi pjohnson,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your eir Sport account. If you give our technical support team a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901 they will be able to take a look into this for you.

- Adam

Advertisement