Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with 20kgs (ore more) of spit roast pork?

Options
  • 11-09-2017 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

I was recently at a party that had a pig roast, at the end of the night there was at least 20kgs of carved roast pork left over. I was asked if I wanted any and declined as I couldn't think of anything to do with it. So I wondered what you guys would do with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Freeze in batches; make pork fried rice forever, shred some and mix with homemade bbq sauce and you've basically got pulled pork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Also char siu bao

https://mintcustard.wordpress.com/2014/03/16/char-sui-bao-making-leftover-pork-go-further/

Wasn't sure if plain roast pork would work but apparently it's fine for making bao :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Did they actually have 20kg all carved up? I hate seening that, with meat or cakes etc, goes all horrible and dried up & curled up and looks like a dogs dinner which is less likely to be taken as leftovers. Hate seeing it at weddings, everyone stuffed & had dessert and then all these plates of sponge cake dotted around the place -at least the likes of chocolate biscuit cake keeps better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

rubadub wrote: »
    Did they actually have 20kg all carved up? I hate seening that, with meat or cakes etc, goes all horrible and dried up & curled up and looks like a dogs dinner which is less likely to be taken as leftovers. Hate seeing it at weddings, everyone stuffed & had dessert and then all these plates of sponge cake dotted around the place -at least the likes of chocolate biscuit cake keeps better.

tbh I don't know for sure, I've certainly seen more than that amount left after one party and there looked to be a good lot left after this one.

I think its all gone in someone freezer probably to be dumped at a later date :(

So I was asking the question because I'm sure I'll see the same again sometime.

If it was beef or lamb then curry would be the way to go but that just doesn't seem right for pork.

And yes there was also loads of homemade chocolate biscuit type cake left over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

If it was beef or lamb then curry would be the way to go but that just doesn't seem right for pork.

Vindaloo, man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Ah, the Celtic Tiger is back.
    Charge a fortune for poor quality pork, most of which won't get eaten!

I was at one of those parties and the pork was so soft and bland that I didn't even bother taking any home. I hate to think what it cost and how much was wasted.

Advertisement