Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shorelines greystones gym

• 11-09-2017 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hey,

just wondering if there are any members of the gym here?.... just wondering how busy it gets in the evening time these days?... am thinking of joining but dont want to be waiting around on machines all the time..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

I do classes there but not a member.
    The staff are very nice so I'm sure if you pop'd in for a look at the times you think you'll be there, they wouldn't mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Yeah, they're happy to let you have a look around before you join.

You could also do pay as you go for a few nights if you wanted to see for yourself properly and gauge the level of activity over a period of time.

I used to be a member and never really had to wait on any equipment. There's plenty of cardio kit and a good range of weights machines and free weights too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Talk with Eamonn, one the managers, he'll fix you up with a few freebie passes. They're good like that to entice you to join!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

thanks guys... might try the free passes route!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I just joined. It seems really good but the main drawback is that the pool is unavailable to members from 7-9 most evenings as it's taken up by clubs and children's lessons. Very annoying for a working person whose primary reason for joining was swimming after work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ballyargus wrote: »
    I just joined. It seems really good but the main drawback is that the pool is unavailable to members from 7-9 most evenings as it's taken up by clubs and children's lessons. Very annoying for a working person whose primary reason for joining was swimming after work!

there's an "Adult Swim" from 8-10 on Mon-Thurs.

loyatemu wrote: »
    there's an "Adult Swim" from 8-10 on Mon-Thurs.

Up at 6, I need to eat, sleep and do life admin sometimes! I'm just surprised the don't shuffle things a little more

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

It's definitely a downside. Limited times to swim. You need to work out your schedule.

Though I do like the pool and facilities.

If you're serious about swimming the pool temp is good. I was a member in a hotel gym before and the water was too warm. Like a bath. Try a few lengths in that heat. Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

Evenings seem grand and not too busy. There are always plenty of machines free.
    However again for the early riser and dublin commuter the pool times really don't suit apart from weekends or going back out in the evening.
    Definitely a draw back. I am paid up for 2 months but still not sure if I will definitely join as really hoped there would be more pool access.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

Evenings seem grand and not too busy. There are always plenty of machines free.
    However again for the early riser and dublin commuter the pool times really don't suit apart from weekends or going back out in the evening.
    Definitely a draw back. I am paid up for 2 months but still not sure if I will definitely join as really hoped there would be more pool access.

I wonder has it been brought up with them at all the bad schedule.... surely its the working 9-5 people they want to keep happy as they would be the majority of its customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

boardie100 wrote: »
    I wonder has it been brought up with them at all the bad schedule.... surely its the working 9-5 people they want to keep happy as they would be the majority of its customers?

Myself and my partner did say it at reception when discussing the times with them. I did think afterwards it was probably an idea to put some words together officially though. No point in complaining about it if they don't know there is a potential issue!

boardie100 wrote: »

premium paying customers too. Not off peak

Advertisement