Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firbre enabled area but fault in line to house

Options
  • 11-09-2017 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi

I had ordered Eir Broadband and TV but on arrival, the engineer said it could not be installed due to a significant issue between the footpath and the house and that the cable from the house would need to be completely reinstalled. We'd not used that cable since we moved in as the house has Virgin fibre enabled which is a different cable strung between the house.

If I needed to reinstall the cable between house and footpath, who does this and is there a cost to me in getting it done?

We've had to cancel our order as a result. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi

I had ordered Eir Broadband and TV but on arrival, the engineer said it could not be installed due to a significant issue between the footpath and the house and that the cable from the house would need to be completely reinstalled. We'd not used that cable since we moved in as the house has Virgin fibre enabled which is a different cable strung between the house.

If I needed to reinstall the cable between house and footpath, who does this and is there a cost to me in getting it done?

We've had to cancel our order as a result. 
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the issue you've had with your order. Can you PM me your full name and the account number that was cancelled so I can check on this for you please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

I've deliberately stepped away from this out of pure annoyance both with Eir and with your response

Firstly, I raised a formal complaint with Eir to which I have yet to receive a response. I really don't want to have to make a complaint to Comreq but I feel I have no choice

Secondly, you've flatly failed to answer my question in my original post

Thirdly, you consistently state what your staff should and could/ could not have done. I know that, I get that.  However the reality is that they failed miserably to do so and you seem incapable of acknowledging that fact. Regretably I need to remind you of you legal obligations under the Sale of Goods act in relation to selling a product that was not fit for service

The issue is not being dealt with adequately by Eiir

I've deliberately stepped away from this out of pure annoyance both with Eir and with your response

Firstly, I raised a formal complaint with Eir to which I have yet to receive a response. I really don't want to have to make a complaint to Comreq but I feel I have no choice

Secondly, you've flatly failed to answer my question in my original post

Thirdly, you consistently state what your staff should and could/ could not have done. I know that, I get that.  However the reality is that they failed miserably to do so and you seem incapable of acknowledging that fact. Regretably I need to remind you of you legal obligations under the Sale of Goods act in relation to selling a product that was not fit for service

The issue is not being dealt with adequately by Eiir
    I understand your frustration here. 

Can you confirm how you logged this complaint and PM me the order reference associated, please? 

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to advise on pricing for the work involved, this would need to be advised by the technician. The notes on the account state the ducting needed to be uncovered by yourself and once this is done we could reschedule a new technician out to carry out the connection. As your account is now closed down we would be unable to advise any further unfortunately, a new account would need to be set up to arrange a technician back out to you. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Adam 

Complaint was logged via your website, I received an automated email response but not fault number.
    Dear Customer,
    Thank you, we have received your complaint from www.eir.ie. Please note this is an automated response to the complaint you submitted on eir.ie.
    The matter will be investigated and a member of the Customer Care Team or a representative from the appropriate business unit will be in touch with you within 2 working days with a view to resolving your issue.
    Please be assured we have received your complaint and we aim to resolve this as soon as possible. This response has generated automatically, please do not reply to this e-mail.
    Kind Regards,
    eir Customer Care.

Of course I have no account, you told me to close it to cancel the order. So now you are telling me I need to open an account to see if you can actually install services. Seriously !!

Complaint was logged via your website, I received an automated email response but not fault number.
    Dear Customer,
    Thank you, we have received your complaint from www.eir.ie. Please note this is an automated response to the complaint you submitted on eir.ie.
    The matter will be investigated and a member of the Customer Care Team or a representative from the appropriate business unit will be in touch with you within 2 working days with a view to resolving your issue.
    Please be assured we have received your complaint and we aim to resolve this as soon as possible. This response has generated automatically, please do not reply to this e-mail.
    Kind Regards,
    eir Customer Care.

Of course I have no account, you told me to close it to cancel the order. So now you are telling me I need to open an account to see if you can actually install services. Seriously !!
    Ok no problem, can you confirm the date you logged this? 

I'm afraid I can only advise on the notes left from the technician and it states that the duct has to be uncovered by yourself and once this has been done we can reschedule an appointment for a technician back out. There would need to be an order in place for us to proceed with a connection. We are unable to assist further on this, unfortunately. 

Thanks 

Adam 

• Advertisement

we're still financially out of pocket as a result of this due to a loss of a days leave for my wife. Eir will need to compensate us for this since this issue is completely and utterly the fault of both your web and shop sales team. This could have been avoided had they done their job right as you rightly point out in your mail

If you are not in a position to agree to this then please provide me with an escalation contact by return. Is Tim Spence still running your customer operations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

we're still financially out of pocket as a result of this due to a loss of a days leave for my wife. Eir will need to compensate us for this since this issue is completely and utterly the fault of both your web and shop sales team. This could have been avoided had they done their job right as you rightly point out in your mail

If you are not in a position to agree to this then please provide me with an escalation contact by return. Is Tim Spence still running your customer operations?
    Hi there be well and win

Thanks for getting in touch again.

If you're looking for compensation, I would suggest contacting that department directly where they can assist you.  Unfortunately, we don't deal with compensation here.

-Kyle

Advertisement