Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Childcare Payment - with ECCE?

Options
  • 11-09-2017 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My daughter has started at playschool / montessori this September, everything going great, she loves it!

Until now we were paying our private childminder (not Tulsa registered)it is our first time qualifying for any support for childcare.

I qualify for Band B , currently a reduction of €70 per week, full time 9 - 5. Daughter qualifies for free ECCE placement in January 2018.

Can anyone explain how the new reduction / supports will work in January? With her free 3 hours ECCE placement she will still be attending for an additional 5 hours per day.

From my reading, under Band B, this would be a weekly reduction of €35 on the balance of the hours due for payment?

OR - Is it the cost of hours due minus the €20 universal childcare payment??

I'm new to the childcare facility so don't want to be asking all money related/ entitlement questions at this early stage (!) If anyone could confirm I would hugely appreciate it.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Vmash

From my understanding (open to correction) once your child reaches 3 years then they switch to the ECCE scheme and get their free 3 hrs and I don't think you get any more after that as you only get the subsidies if your child is aged 6 months to 3 years. You may still qualify for the universal E20 payment tho.

Head wrecking stuff this new scheme.
    Hth

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

If your childs on the ECCE scheme and going to a pre school the ECCE session is covered but no payment can be made to your childminder especially if they arent registered. If your childs in a creche the ecce will be deducted from your creche fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

Hi Plek Trum,

Did you find out how the ECCE & childcare subvention intertwine?

Previously with my older children you couldn't receive both the ECCE and subvention simultaneously but picked the most beneficial, I always kept the subvention as that was more then the ECCE. I think that recent budgets have changed this & that you can now receive both together, possibly just a proportion of both?

Don't want to approach creche yet as I'm only making plans for Sept but would like to know how you got on?

Thanks

Advertisement