Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Bundle am I on??? - looks like sales person lied to me.

Options
  • 11-09-2017 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.
    It looks like I'm having a big issue with my contract with eir.

I'll show a story in short.
    In June 2016 I signed up for 18 months contract bundle of Fibre broadband with home phone (no free minutes) for €45 a month.
    All good, I'm very happy with that service since.

Last week, when Meteor changed name to Eir, as I was Meteor Sim-only Lite (€15 a month) package customer, I discovered on Eir website that the same package is offered for €10 for Eir Fibre customers, so I rang Eir sales team to avail of that.

Sales person said no problem, and offered me a bundle where I'd pay the same as previous for my eir package + €10 for sim-only lite mobile service.  That should add to €55 per month if I count it right.
    I was also assured, that my contract length will not change, so it should finish in December 2017.
    I was also told that I'll receive a text message confirming when my phone has been moved to Eir (from Meteor which is already called Eir but let it be).

I never received a confirmation text, but my phone must have been moved to eir as it is shown now on myeir online service which is associated with my Fibre broadband package, and at the same time it disappeared from myeir account which was inherited after MyMeteor online service.

I also received an email from eir, confirming that now I'm on a bundle "Complete Broadband, Phone & 4G Mobile", regular price for which is €62 and I'm getting €2 discount due to paperless billing and direct debit so my final monthly price is €60.
    Also it says that my contract is 18 months from 8th September 2017 to 8th March 2019.

Same information can be seen when I log in to myeir online service.

This is clearly not what I was offered by sales person.

I tried ringing eir several times, but no one was able to fully explain to me what is the story, and few consultants literally said they'll switch me to different department and disconnected calls instead. 
    Today I spoke with one person who confirmed that my contract is up to March 2019, and that my monthly bundle price is €45.47 - which is total nonsense, as it was just a cost of my last bill, not a monthly cost of a bundle. When I asked that person about their name, they blatantly disconnected the call.

Could I ask you here, to check what bundle am I on currently.
    What is the monthly cost of this bundle.
    And when is my contract expiring.

I can provide all information relating to account on PM.
    And I would like that receive answer for above questions to my email, which I'll provide as well.

Kind regards,
    CiniO.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

CiniO wrote: »
    Hi.
    It looks like I'm having a big issue with my contract with eir.

I'll show a story in short.
    In June 2016 I signed up for 18 months contract bundle of Fibre broadband with home phone (no free minutes) for €45 a month.
    All good, I'm very happy with that service since.

Last week, when Meteor changed name to Eir, as I was Meteor Sim-only Lite (€15 a month) package customer, I discovered on Eir website that the same package is offered for €10 for Eir Fibre customers, so I rang Eir sales team to avail of that.

Sales person said no problem, and offered me a bundle where I'd pay the same as previous for my eir package + €10 for sim-only lite mobile service.  That should add to €55 per month if I count it right.
    I was also assured, that my contract length will not change, so it should finish in December 2017.
    I was also told that I'll receive a text message confirming when my phone has been moved to Eir (from Meteor which is already called Eir but let it be).

I never received a confirmation text, but my phone must have been moved to eir as it is shown now on myeir online service which is associated with my Fibre broadband package, and at the same time it disappeared from myeir account which was inherited after MyMeteor online service.

I also received an email from eir, confirming that now I'm on a bundle "Complete Broadband, Phone & 4G Mobile", regular price for which is €62 and I'm getting €2 discount due to paperless billing and direct debit so my final monthly price is €60.
    Also it says that my contract is 18 months from 8th September 2017 to 8th March 2019.

Same information can be seen when I log in to myeir online service.

This is clearly not what I was offered by sales person.

I tried ringing eir several times, but no one was able to fully explain to me what is the story, and few consultants literally said they'll switch me to different department and disconnected calls instead. 
    Today I spoke with one person who confirmed that my contract is up to March 2019, and that my monthly bundle price is €45.47 - which is total nonsense, as it was just a cost of my last bill, not a monthly cost of a bundle. When I asked that person about their name, they blatantly disconnected the call.

Could I ask you here, to check what bundle am I on currently.
    What is the monthly cost of this bundle.
    And when is my contract expiring.

I can provide all information relating to account on PM.
    And I would like that receive answer for above questions to my email, which I'll provide as well.

Kind regards,
    CiniO.
    Hi CiniO,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your bill. Can you send me your account number and full name in a PM please?

I won't be able to answer these questions by email, however, I will respond to your PM with the relevant information about this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi CiniO,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your bill. Can you send me your account number and full name in a PM please?

I won't be able to answer these questions by email, however, I will respond to your PM with the relevant information about this.

- Adam

Thanks Adam. I sent you PM with required details yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

CiniO wrote: »
    eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi CiniO,

- Adam

Thanks Adam. I sent you PM with required details yesterday.
    Thanks. 

I'll come back to you through PM's soon.

Thanks 

Adam 

Advertisement