Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Assault

• 11-09-2017 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

So was walking to the bank random bunch of knackers attack me, I didn't provoke the attack or retaliate and garda seem to be more annoyed at me for the incident what can I do or what happens after this?(they live in the same town as me)
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Maybe the little scumbags are related to one of the Gardai?
    Happened to me one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jay768

DanMurphy wrote: »
    Happened to me one time.

Trust me the guys who attacked me where in their 30s, my head can not make sense of why it happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its what annoys me most about Garda. They dont take this serious enough. Sorry to hear OP, you did no wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Were you provocatively dressed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Knackers as in Travellers ? If so, well that's no surprise. Sure the majority of guards are even afraid of them.

• Advertisement

blue note wrote: »

Don't think so black jeans and a windbreaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

blue note wrote: »

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its what annoys me most about Garda. They dont take this serious enough. Sorry to hear OP, you did no wrong

They are all action when one of their own gets roughed up

Cars vans helicopters arrive from everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

jay768 wrote: »
    So was walking to the bank random bunch of knackers attack me, I didn't provoke the attack or retaliate and garda seem to be more annoyed at me for the incident what can I do or what happens after this?(they live in the same town as me)

Just had a chat with George Hook about it there and his theory is that you were asking for a bate'in. Probably wearing an "are ya startin'" T-shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

That's tough OP, is there another police station you can report this to. You might get a more understanding gard.

I hope you weren't hurt too bad and get over it soon.

• Advertisement

That's tough OP, is there another police station you can report this to. You might get a more understanding gard.

I hope you weren't hurt too bad and get over it soon.

I was okay, just afraid of another random attack like that, a punch to side of the head but like nothing that bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I'd say go back into the garda station and say your not satisfied with how it was dealt with.

If a gard can't do his job properly he should be called out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭username2013

What town/city was this in OP? Perhaps it was caught on camera somewhere. Not surprised about the cops though, a useless shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I was okay, just afraid of another random attack like that, a punch to side of the head but like nothing that bad

****ing hell. When? If you're really out of sorts maybe get checked for concussion. What a horrible thing to have happen to you. As for the gardai, it depends on who you 'get' at the time Some of them cant be bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

jamesbere wrote: »

If a gard can't do his job properly he should be called out on it.

He may even retire........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

DanMurphy wrote: »
    Happened to me one time.

Trust me the guys who attacked me where in their 30s, my head can not make sense of why it happened

If they are in their 30's and wasters like that it is likely they have teenaged kids.

Wait til their kids get to legal age and then do your best to ride them all

Advertisement