Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Aplication now with Underwriters

• 11-09-2017 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My aplication was with a review team and has since been passed to an underwriter. I know nothing certain but would the review team access whether or not it has a chance of being approved. Do they look at stamements credit checks ect before sending to underwriters? I understand underwriters go into detail but is it. Somewhat neutral news or does everyone get to Underwriters stage even with bad stamements ect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Sono

Think they all go to the underwriting stage as they make the decision to take on the risk or not.

Are your statements that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cassidy1207987

Sono wrote: »
    Think they all go to the underwriting stage as they make the decision to take on the risk or not.

Are your statements that bad?

Thanks for the reply.. No not at all. I'd say there good. I was just checking if it's a goodish sign the review team passed it to them. My thinking was they wouldn't sent every Tom dick and Harry to underwriting as I'm sure it's costly. So they do a quick. Check to see if somewhat acceptable. I could be wrong that's why I'm here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Sono

Thanks for the reply.. No not at all. I'd say there good. I was just checking if it's a goodish sign the review team passed it to them. My thinking was they wouldn't sent every Tom dick and Harry to underwriting as I'm sure it's costly. So they do a quick. Check to see if somewhat acceptable. I could be wrong that's why I'm here.

You should get a response in the next couple of days, personally speaking if you have been saving regularly and show that you can cover your mortgage amount consistently and still not be broke then you should be ok.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

If your application did not meet the lenders criteria and credit policy or if your credit report was bad well it would be declined by the review team so it's looking good that it's gone to underwriting.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

They'll send all applications to underwriting. Review team would vet the application to ensure its within policy, income multiples etc....but the actual credit decision lies with an underwriter, it's called segregation of duties to ensure applications have been reviewed properly. It's also a central bank guideline around risk management. Long story short, nothing to be worried about for the fact alone that it's gone to underwriting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement