Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Eagle's Car Sales

• 11-09-2017 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Any feedback on these guys?
    Spotted a nice car there over weekend but a little anxious as I haven't heard anything about them. Cars are also slightly cheaper which has me unnerved. Could also just be good value.
    Any feedback from anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Not feedback as such but I was in there last week ( in my ongoing search for that elusive '08 1.4 petrol Focus ) and they were ok to talk to, didn't seem dodgy in any way . I'll be back there this week but like you I intend to do a little research on them first .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭goochy

Just be sure to do history check that includes uk cars and ring dealer stamped in service book to confirm its real. As with all used car dealers don't assume they are honest and don't be too reliant on a used car dealer warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

From what I've heard around Limerick they are one of the better uk import places. Apparently the owner Willy is straight. They are good customers of a business I know extremely well and every car gets a full service and check before it's sold. I don't know the owner but dealt with him once years ago when I involved in the trade and he was sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Any feedback on these guys?
    Spotted a nice car there over weekend but a little anxious as I haven't heard anything about them. Cars are also slightly cheaper which has me unnerved. Could also just be good value.
    Any feedback from anyone?

Would you not import your own car from the UK , it is very straight forward and the choice would be endless , sort out your own finance with the bank or credit union , sterling is at a great rate , you can have an independent company do a full check on the vehicle for you for just over 200 pounds and you can have the piece of mind to just go and collect the car .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

My brother bought a Passat from them recently. Good experience overall. Do your full history check and the usual homework!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Would you not import your own car from the UK , it is very straight forward and the choice would be endless , sort out your own finance with the bank or credit union , sterling is at a great rate , you can have an independent company do a full check on the vehicle for you for just over 200 pounds and you can have the piece of mind to just go and collect the car .

You don't even have to go over and collect it, a courier will collect in uk and drive it back to your door if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just being neutral here.
    Buddy of mine bought a car there about 7 months ago let's just say its gone nasty at this stage,car is mechanically grand just one recurring problem they can't seem to sort no matter what parts they swap change etc telling him new parts used when they weren't changed parts not put back on after work is another he mentioned.

It has been damaged while being worked
    on requiring bodywork and i think its going to go the solicitors route .
    Car is in immaculate condition can't fault cars they sell maybe the aftercare let's them down or my buddy was just unlucky .

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Genius2013

Friend of mine dropped a car in to get brake discs changed. Came back to collect the car and was charged for service as well "the car needed it." Car had actually been serviced the previous weekend.
    Have heard similar stories from other people who've used them. Personally I'd be steering clear

don't they really only sell cars ?
    don't think anyone could say importing a car is easy - the advantages these dealers have is they can get cars through auctions - very hard for ordinary person to be buying from auction - so that means they can compete with a private buyer going to buy from dealer in uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Genius2013 wrote: »
    Friend of mine dropped a car in to get brake discs changed. Came back to collect the car and was charged for service as well "the car needed it." Car had actually been serviced the previous weekend.
    Have heard similar stories from other people who've used them. Personally I'd be steering clear

Didn't know they did repairs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

goochy wrote: »
    don't think anyone could say importing a car is easy - the advantages these dealers have is they can get cars through auctions - very hard for ordinary person to be buying from auction - so that means they can compete with a private buyer going to buy from dealer in uk

You don't have to buy from an auction in the UK to save money there. Even buying from a main dealer in the UK can mean a saving over buying here.

who_ru wrote: »
    You don't even have to go over and collect it, a courier will collect in uk and drive it back to your door if you want.

Very nice, is there much cost involved in that ?

goochy wrote: »

It is very straight forward and rewarding in your pocket .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭jsd1004

These guys are in the business of selling cheap cars they buy in the UK. Usually cheap fleet diesels that no one wants in the UK. Buyers need to understand these cars are cheap because no one wants them in the UK and no one will want them here after this years budget..

jsd1004 wrote: »
    These guys are in the business of selling cheap cars they buy in the UK. Usually cheap fleet diesels that no one wants in the UK. Buyers need to understand these cars are cheap because no one wants them in the UK and no one will want them here after this years budget..

How come? Road tax?

What i am saying is that they can be as cheap as importing yourself as they buy in auctions

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Padraig T

I cannot praise these lads highly enough. Honest and didn’t pressure me into any car in the showroom and no waffle like I got from dealers nearby and around the city. I was thinking of importing myself from the U.K. then realised i’d be silly to get a 2014 A4 diesel off autotrader without a warranty! I’ve heard the clutch and flywheel can cost €3000+ and other common problems like injectors DPF etc can be costly. I will certainly be a return customer when I decide to upgrade. Pleasant to deal with and no fuss. Excellent all round service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Padraig T wrote: »
    I cannot praise these lads highly enough. Honest and didn’t pressure me into any car in the showroom and no waffle like I got from dealers nearby and around the city. I was thinking of importing myself from the U.K. then realised i’d be silly to get a 2014 A4 diesel off autotrader without a warranty! I’ve heard the clutch and flywheel can cost €3000+ and other common problems like injectors DPF etc can be costly. I will certainly be a return customer when I decide to upgrade. Pleasant to deal with and no fuss. Excellent all round service!

Ok Mr Eagle - whatever you say

I know a few people who have purchased from them and only had good things to say about them as well , you can always do your own homework on the UK reg and run the checks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Mc Love wrote: »
    Ok Mr Eagle - whatever you say

Jebus. I hope his Cars are quicker than his Schill Sign-ups.....4 months since the previous post.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement