Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and babies

Options
  • 11-09-2017 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hello everyone,
    Just wondering if anyone has any facts on this matter.
    When my son was 7 months old a family member gave him a sip or a gulp even of Guinness at his Christning. Why do you ask? I don't know it's like they thought it was funny. I feel like I just want to rip them to shreds. The fact is I'm worried sick of permanent the brain damage because of that. I'm to embarrassed to go to the gp but it seems I have to if I want to get any truth. But does anyone know any facts on the matter?
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

I wouldn't worry, was a sip/gulp..would be worse, if mother was smoking/drinking over a duration while pregnant...think we all have pics of being babies, taking a sip from a pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

He probably drank about 5ml, a teaspoon of it. If that. Guinness is 4%. So that's about 0.2ml of alcohol.

I think you're safe enough for brain damage. Probably get similar exposure from chewing a baby wipe.

This is a common thing for older people to do. Guinness was often given to pregnant women "for the iron" and babies too. Grandparents tried it on with mine, they got the eyebrow of "don't you bloody dare" from me.

Amount is too tiny to be worried about.

Advertisement