Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows license will expire soon

Options
  • 12-09-2017 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

this annoying warning is popping up on my HP laptop - windows version 8.1. It's pre - installed - anyone any idea how to fix it without taking a hammer to the laptop?
    Any help appreciated...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Running "slmgr -rearm" is the usual fix, have you tried that yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

this annoying warning is popping up on my HP laptop - windows version 8.1. It's pre - installed - anyone any idea how to fix it without taking a hammer to the laptop?
    Any help appreciated...

Did you buy it new? It is usually preactivated on a new PC/Laptop.

here is HPs instructions to activate windows 8.
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03486254

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

I did but it's 3 years old at this point...

Spear wrote: »
    ehm..computer illiterate here - how do you RUN that? where do you type it in?

Probably not a suitable solution for a standard PC/Laptop user to implement. Going through the settings is probably a safer and easier way to go.

• Advertisement

dil999 wrote: »
    Probably not a suitable solution for a standard PC/Laptop user to implement. Going through the settings is probably a safer and easier way to go.
    :unsure:

:unsure:

Go through the instructions on the link I posted. It should be fairly straight forward to follow. If that doesn't work post back

Advertisement