If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra HD TV <50 inch

Options
  • 12-09-2017 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    My current TV is on it's last legs and I'm looking to get a new one.  Planning to have an Xbox One X connected at some stage so I guess HDR and 4k will be important.  Preferably 50 inch or smaller (current TV is 40 so not sure how much bigger I can fit in the current unit.  Would the Hisense 50N6800 be a good option or would you recommend something else?  Would be looking for something that could be delivered to Kildare.  Thanks,

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mcgovern wrote: »
    Hi there,
    My current TV is on it's last legs and I'm looking to get a new one.  Planning to have an Xbox One X connected at some stage so I guess HDR and 4k will be important.  Preferably 50 inch or smaller (current TV is 40 so not sure how much bigger I can fit in the current unit.  Would the Hisense 50N6800 be a good option or would you recommend something else?  Would be looking for something that could be delivered to Kildare.  Thanks,
    Hi mcgovern,

If you are looking for a good TV for gaming which is 4K HDR I would recommend one of the sonys. The KD49XE7002 has great motion processing and contrast and is one of the better 49 inch TVs without spending an abosolute fortune at 769 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202708-bravia-kd49xe7002.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Thanks David, what is the Sony better at than the Hisense?  Are both available for delivery?

Edit: Can you please also confirm if these have a Toslink Optical out connection? I have current TV connected to an old Logitech Z5500 speaker set.

Thanks David, what is the Sony better at than the Hisense?  Are both available for delivery?

Edit: Can you please also confirm if these have a Toslink Optical out connection?  I have current TV connected to an old Logitech Z5500 speaker set.
    Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  The Sony would give you better motion processing and colour contrast than the Hisense.  Both are available for delivery, and both have an optical connection

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Edit: Can you please also confirm if these have a Toslink Optical out connection?  I have current TV connected to an old Logitech Z5500 speaker set.
    Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  The Sony would give you better motion processing and colour contrast than the Hisense.  Both are available for delivery, and both have an optical connection

Regards Stephen
    Hi Stephen,
    Thanks for the advice, what would be the best way to order the Sony from you?

Regards Stephen
    Hi Stephen,
    Thanks for the advice, what would be the best way to order the Sony from you?
    Hi mcgovern,

If you send me a PM with your contact number I can call you to process the order.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.