Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boiling the kettle

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

So hot it makes me make that tea sound- that gasp of burning liquid fire mixed with soothing delicious tea.

Sweet. I do like it like that alright.

However, I also sometimes leave it to cool to a suitable temperature whereby I can gulp it down in 1 big mouthful.
    It's the tea equivalent of shotgunning a beer:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

At some point we're going to be shifted over to the tea and coffee forum! :P
    Sweet. I do like it like that alright.

However, I also sometimes leave it to cool to a suitable temperature whereby I can gulp it down in 1 big mouthful.
    It's the tea equivalent of shotgunning a beer:D
    I would only do this if I knew I was having a scaldy cup afterwards, so in that sense it's like a shot. :P
    Seve OB wrote: »
    yorkshire tea!!!

it has to be Lyons or Barrys at a push
    90% of the time it's Barrys for me. Waiting on a delivery right now actually, I'm down to my last 25 bags. :/ I do have some green, black and oolong though that I brought back from China for when I really want to seduce myself! :P
    storker wrote: »
    I also give the teabag a squeeze to get the good dark stuff out. Pre-heating the cup is important too. I never drink tea, but herself says I make a very good cuppa.
    +1 on preheating the cup, otherwise some of that sweet sweet heat goes into heating the bloody cup. I'm fine with using water from the hot yoke to heat the cup. Same is true for coffee though, those cups should be preheated for best results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Nobody has yet mentioned the Elephant in the Tearoom:

Milk in first? Yea or nay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Nobody has yet mentioned the Elephant in the Tearoom:

Milk in first? Yea or nay?

Milk in the kettle?????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Sam Kade wrote: »
    How many does she have buried in the garden :D

And does she live in Tuam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

You would need very high temperatures to 'boil a kettle'
    Alloy additions also suppress (lower) the melting range. Pure iron (Fe) has a fixed melting point of 1535°C, chromium (Cr) 1890°C and nickel (Ni) 1453°C compared to a range of 1400-1450 °C for type 304 stainless steel.

Boiling water 'in' a kettle is a lot more efficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

My water for an aul cup of the tae is:

A) Filtered
    B) Re-structured

[A]: Spring water is heavily filtered, using both granular and block carbon layers. This removes chlorine and dissolved organic pollutants – agrochemicals, solvents, oestrogen, THM’s, TCE’s, PCBs, etc, It’s also presented to an ion exchange system for heavy metals like copper, aluminium, mercury, lead, etc.

: Re-Structuring achieved via 3-stage process:

i). Vortexing, thus absorbing energy from the quantum field, this then becomes extracellular or ‘living water’.

ii). After this, water is presented to Negative ionic balls, Infrared Mineral balls and Magnesium, tourmaline, maifanshi-stone, ms-tomelin, nano silver powder and Calcium ion. In order to increase Alkaline levels PH<7-8, and full negative ion potentials. ORP is -200 in 10 minutes. Small molecules are set to 48.6Hz (Hexagonal).

Finally iii) The prepared water is set on Quantum Scalar bio-disc for 10mins whilst surrounded by SmCo 3000 gauss field including Jade, Geranium, fir far, Tourmaline. It’s then stirred with a Japanese Quantum Volcanic Bian Lava Stone to achieve w/3000 NIs.

Now the water should be boiled, but only using a kettle that is attuned to the 528 Hertz incremental solfeggio sound frequency as it boils.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Didnt the EU try to ban kettles or something?

Also heard they are actually an extremely expensive item to use in a household, something to do with the element.
    Dinorwig Power Station in Wales cost £475m back in the day, it used 200,000 tonnes of concrete and 12 million tonnes of rock had to be excavated , but it can go from 0 to 1.21 Gigawatts in 12 seconds and up to 1.8GB by 16 seconds.

Handy thing to have when Coronation Street is over and all the kettles go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

There is a taste difference between fresh water from a direct feed to water from a tank in the attic.

In many offices though, there'd be a small water heater under the sink taking supply from same source as cold tap. So if this is the case, then there'll be little difference.

If the cold water is a direct feed, then no issue.

If the cold water comes from a storage tank, then I'd prefer bottled water (49c 2litres - so not a crazy price)

Simple, but not foolproof test - if water has strong pressure and is relatively cold, (soil temp currently about 10 degrees) its a direct feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Dinorwig Power Station in Wales cost £475m back in the day, it used 200,000 tonnes of concrete and 12 million tonnes of rock had to be excavated , but it can go from 0 to 1.21 Gigawatts in 12 seconds and up to 1.8GB by 16 seconds.

Is that via fiber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Refreshing an old tread: Housemate decides to fill up the kettle to make a cup of tea. Wasteful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    We have instant boiling water in our canteen. We also have a kettle. I've seen people use this instant boiled water to fill the kettle and then boil the kettle. :confused:

I do this. The water in a burco boiler is very rarely actually boiling and so it makes manky tea. It's undrinkable. Has to be properly boiled in a kettle. Loose leaf black tea, no milk or sugar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I do this. The water in a burco boiler is very rarely actually boiling and so it makes manky tea. It's undrinkable. Has to be properly boiled in a kettle. Loose leaf black tea, no milk or sugar.

I'm very wary of burcos since we caught an apprentice boiling eggs in one years ago.
    The beating he got was savage , shortly afterwards his house burned down in suspicious circumstances.
    Croatia, we'll never forget you , he was known as Croatia because he looked like he was half starved and this was around the time of the Balkans wars.

Advertisement