Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going with VoIP after ditching landline

Options
  • 12-09-2017 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

So I ported the landline no to my blueface account and I have it set up on my phone via an app called Csipsimple.

Some help required here if someone could hold me by the hand as I'd like to do the following;

Buy an ATA (a recommendation would be great) so that I can use our existing analogue panasonic phone.

However I'd like to set it up so that incoming calls are blueface but that outgoing calls are off another VoIP provider (FreeVoipDeal).

Is this possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I would start my search here for s suitable device

http://www.grandstream.com/products/gateways-and-atas/analog-telephone-adaptors

Maybe the HT502 would suit.

I expect you need to be able to register a minimum of 2 SIP accounts.

It's a long time since I looked at any of these so hopefully someone else will have better suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

So after a few months of using the csimple app for blueface I finally bought a grand (masterflash) stream HT812. I've it set up as per the non existent included instructions (google was my friend).

I'm getting a dialtone on the handset however it cannot receive or make calls? If anyone has anyone suggestions that be gratefully received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

funnyname wrote: »
    So after a few months of using the csimple app for blueface I finally bought a grand (masterflash) stream HT812. I've it set up as per the non existent included instructions (google was my friend).

I'm getting a dialtone on the handset however it cannot receive or make calls? If anyone has anyone suggestions that be gratefully received.

Is the Grandstream actually registering the SIP account with Blueface? You should be able to login to the Blueface account and verify if it is registered. It is under Call Management in the Blueface Portal. Also make sure the CSipSimple app is unregistered as I believe you can only have one device registered per SIP account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Do you have your ports open for Blueface?

https://www.blueface.com/help/voip-glossary/
    Port
    There are 2 kinds of Ports, Physical Port and Logical Port. A physical port is located on computer and telecommunication devices where you can physically connect to some other device, usually with a socket and plug of some kind. Logical port is a term used in programming. It is a logical connection place like on a router interface when you login you see SIP ports or RTP ports, Ports required by Blueface are UDP 5060-5061 for VoIP and UDP 10000-20000 for voice.

Additional, to block hackers/phrackers/crackers, allow only their network: 194.213.29.0 /24.

If you have a SIP helper/ SIP ALG on the router, disable it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Do you have your ports open for Blueface?

https://www.blueface.com/help/voip-glossary/
    Port
    There are 2 kinds of Ports, Physical Port and Logical Port. A physical port is located on computer and telecommunication devices where you can physically connect to some other device, usually with a socket and plug of some kind. Logical port is a term used in programming. It is a logical connection place like on a router interface when you login you see SIP ports or RTP ports, Ports required by Blueface are UDP 5060-5061 for VoIP and UDP 10000-20000 for voice.

Additional, to block hackers/phrackers/crackers, allow only their network: 194.213.29.0 /24.

If you have a SIP helper/ SIP ALG on the router, disable it.

The port issue would more affect incoming calls. Outgoing calls should work regardless.

• Advertisement

The port issue would more affect incoming calls. Outgoing calls should work regardless.

Gotcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

Thanks I'll look into those tonight

Advertisement