Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTV Exception

Options
  • 12-09-2017 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My wife and I had an LTV exception before we applied for a mortgage or started looking so was not specific to a house.  Applied for mortgage, approved in principle, went sale agreed on a house which unfortunately fell through for other reasons. We had our mortgage approved on this house and had paperwork to sign. We identified another house and went sale agreed.  BOI were fully aware of what we doing.  Mortgage, which was a lower amount, on new property applied for and which has been refused as BOI have used up all of their LTV exceptions for 2017.  Then told that the LTV exception is specific to each application which seems to be contradictory as we had our LTV exception prior to even looking for a house. Feeling completely misled as made an offer in good faith based on the information we had been provided with and had kept BOI aware at all times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi barnsey1974,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear this.

Would you please send me a PM with some more information including if you can remember who you were dealing with in regards of your application please and we will look into this for you.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement