Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden size requirements

Options
  • 12-09-2017 1:38pm

Hi there,

I've been trying to find this information online with little success so I'll ask here.

Is there a minimum garden size requirement in Dublin for new developments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Hi there,

I've been trying to find this information online with little success so I'll ask here.

Councils maintain minimum garden depth and size standards which vary, but the minimum garden depth is normally 7 to 11m and minimum garden size around 50-60sqm.

https://selfbuild.ie/featured/what-the-planners-wantwhen-youre-self-building/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi there,

Grawns wrote: »
    Councils maintain minimum garden depth and size standards which vary, but the minimum garden depth is normally 7 to 11m and minimum garden size around 50-60sqm.

https://selfbuild.ie/featured/what-the-planners-wantwhen-youre-self-building/

Each new development is judged on its own merits. During the planning stages the private open space requirements are discussed.

It depends on the councils density figure for the land/site/zoned area in question.

Smaller private gardens can be off set against large public open spaces, close proximity to large public open spaces etc

Ive designed houses that we had to have 15 Sq. M of private open space per bedspace (main bedroom is 2 bed spaces), and i've done some that required 8 Sq. M bed bedroom.

Typically, as a rule of thumb, most require 12-15 Sq. M per bed space but it can be discussed with the planners.

Advertisement