Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sales Calls Opt Out

Options
  • 12-09-2017 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for help in opting out of Eir sales calls from 01 7762954. We receive a ridiculous number of calls from Eir for several months and theres rarely anyone at the other end of the line. If we answer we regularly get a recording saying someone from Eir sales team are trying to contact us and will call again shortly. We've received 5 of these calls within the last 6 days which is ridiculous. I was looking to switch back to Eir over the last month and was hoping there would be someone on the other end of the phone but no such luck- in the end I switched to Sky last week because of yer spam calls- ye just lost out on a home phone and broadband customer along with 4 mobiles because there was never anyone on the other end. To add to this our number is on the Do Not Call list too. How can we opt out of these annoying silly pre recordings?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for help in opting out of Eir sales calls from 01 7762954. We receive a ridiculous number of calls from Eir for several months and theres rarely anyone at the other end of the line. If we answer we regularly get a recording saying someone from Eir sales team are trying to contact us and will call again shortly. We've received 5 of these calls within the last 6 days which is ridiculous. I was looking to switch back to Eir over the last month and was hoping there would be someone on the other end of the phone but no such luck- in the end I switched to Sky last week because of yer spam calls- ye just lost out on a home phone and broadband customer along with 4 mobiles because there was never anyone on the other end. To add to this our number is on the Do Not Call list too. How can we opt out of these annoying silly pre recordings?

Thanks
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're receiving so many of these calls. You would need to get in touch with your current provider about this and they should be able to opt you out of receiving sales calls from third party companies.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Adam with respect it has happened with both Vodafone and now Sky and I'm on the Do Not Call list! I've received 3 of these calls today which is ridiculous and it's Eircom that's calling. There has to be a way to opt out from Eircoms end or do I have to contact Comreg for Eircom not adhering to the Do Not Call list? It's not upto Sky or Vodafone if I have opted into Do Not Call that ye keep ringing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Adam with respect it has happened with both Vodafone and now Sky and I'm on the Do Not Call list! I've received 3 of these calls today which is ridiculous and it's Eircom that's calling. There has to be a way to opt out from Eircoms end or do I have to contact Comreg for Eircom  not adhering to the Do Not Call list? It's not upto Sky or Vodafone if I have opted into Do Not Call that ye keep ringing
    Can you PM me your account number from when you were a customer with us please? Can you also confirm your full name in a PM please?

- Adam

Advertisement