Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant Id

Options
  • 12-09-2017 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Can someone please help me identify this plant?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Fatsia Japonica, often grown as a houseplant but OK outside in milder areas also quite good by the sea.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/details?plantid=788 .

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

my3cents wrote: »
    Fatsia Japonica, often grown as a houseplant but OK outside in milder areas also quite good by the sea.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/details?plantid=788 .

Thanks. I should have said tree instead of plant
    This one is 8ft high with a stem about 4 inch in diameter

smpillai11 wrote: »
    Thanks. I should have said tree instead of plant
    This one is 8ft high with a stem about 4 inch in diameter

You are doing something right then :) Leaves do however look a bit pale and not the darker green they can be so a good general purpose feed (don't over do it) would be worth while or something a little higher in nitrogen.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

The fruits /flowers looks different on this than on the rhs website

Those are leaf buds as far as I can tell, not good news if they are falling off.

Its a close relative of our common Ivy so close that there is a hybrid between the two (x Fatshedra Lizei). You may notice that our Ivy is about to flower in the hedgerows and your plants flowers should look similar just a bit larger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement