Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerwash and sealing driveway

Options
  • 12-09-2017 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Our driveway needs to be cleaned but also has a lot of weeds - we are therefore hoping to have it cleaned and sealed afterwards. What is the best time of year for doing this and has anyone got any recommendations of someone that does this - we are in north Dublin.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

mine needs to be sealed too, but waiting until next year. I've been warned by paver that needs to be thoroughly dry for at least 3 days or there is risk of it turning white after sealing. Due to colder damp nights i can't see myself getting this done safely until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Its normally something done in the spring / early summer alright. I'll be giving mine a once-over with the power hose in a couple of weeks, but I won't be sealing it. My driveway's too long to be spending that sort of money.

Have you tried Round-up or some other weedkiller on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

PCKN wrote: »
    Our driveway needs to be cleaned but also has a lot of weeds - we are therefore hoping to have it cleaned and sealed afterwards. What is the best time of year for doing this and has anyone got any recommendations of someone that does this - we are in north Dublin.

thanks
    What type of surface is it?

Advertisement