Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue Light stripe issue

Options
  • 12-09-2017 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a philips hue lightstripe plus at home and until one evening last week it just turned off on me, I thought it was just the bridge messing up but no. I went into the app and the stripe comes up as unreachable. So i plugged it out and in again and nothing. So i contacted philips by the facebook page and i mentioned to them what happend. And they said to ring them up with prove of Purchase.

I have the proof of purchase from the Apple online website but i got it in February last year, Before i do call up Philips, Can anyone tell me if they had the same issue as me or what are my rights for the product been well over a year old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

I haven't yet used my Lightstrips but have you done the usual stuff - check connections from power to strip and check fuse within the power supply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Try change the Zigbee channel. I often get devices become unreachable and a change solved them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I haven't yet used my Lightstrips but have you done the usual stuff - check connections from power to strip and check fuse within the power supply?
    Hi Darren, Check all the connections, Didn't want to open the plug as its glued together and didn't want to loose warranty if so.
    MaceFace wrote: »
    Try change the Zigbee channel. I often get devices become unreachable and a change solved them.

Usually what i do is reset the bridge and it would assign a distribute a new channel if so but that didn't work this time.

I rang up Philips and there sending me out a new adapter, Rang yesterday and got it today. Seriously speedy service. Hopefully it works now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Delete it from the app and then search for it again.
    I haven't had the issue with the lightstrip but with some bulbs and that seemed to resolve it.

It was the adapter on the plug that was the issue, The new one philips sent out worked and im back in action. Something must have burned out in the plug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 6leander6

Hi, do Philips make wireless lightstrips? I want to use one on a large painting but don't want a visible power supply cord hanging down.

6leander6 wrote: »
    Hi, do Philips make wireless lightstrips? I want to use one on a large painting but don't want a visible power supply cord hanging down.

Afraid not that i know off...Will have to be connected to the stable power supply.

Advertisement