Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All-Ireland SFC Final: Dublin v Mayo. Sunday 17th @ 3:30pm **(MOD NOTE POST#2 #395)**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

It did look bad. It looked as If they were making a mockery of the manager and captain of the team.

Yeah, with that kind of carry-on he was clearly disrespecting the Jersey. Hopefully he'll never see another panel after making such a mockery of the manager and captain.

Christ on a bike. What a time to be alive.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He and others at his table were making funny faces/pushing their hands into each other's faces and childish stuff like that while Gavin and Cluxton were being interviewed.

The crowd were laughing at the antics every time the camera showed them.

Is that all? Sounds harmless to me, if these lads aren't paid like professional sportsmen they definitely shouldn't be expected to act as civilly and reserved as them. I can't imagine what our players would get up to if they ever manage to get over the line. Whatever my feelings about the Dublin tactics or decisions that went their way, they won the match and deserve to enjoy their night how they see fit, as long as nobody is hurt or offended.

Of course I haven't seen this carry on so I can only base this post on what you've told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

JRant wrote: »
    That's it?
    Jaysus, the way some were going on here I thought he might of had the lad out and was waving it around.

He hasn't done that yet. Still time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

So AI titles this decade

Dublin 1
    Cork 1
    Donegal 1
    Kerry 1

I only just want make myself feel bit better as Corkman that we are at least on the board and may I add that while Cork have bottled the odd AI ourselves thank God we aint Mayo. Thats just whole different level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Quote: downthemiddle
    So the Dublin team thought it was amusing but the thought police here chose to be offended.

It did look bad. It looked as If they were making a mockery of the manager and captain of the team.

Lyster seemed embarrassed by it.

Gavin had a sort of perplexed look on his face when the crowd would erupt in laughter seemingly at his fairly bland comments -in reality they were laughing at the antics of McC table.

Cluxton just looked intense...very intense.

No mention of the O Gara eye gouging???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Quote: downthemiddle
    So the Dublin team thought it was amusing but the thought police here chose to be offended.

Lyster seemed embarrassed by it.

Gavin had a sort of perplexed look on his face when the crowd would erupt in laughter seemingly at his fairly bland comments -in reality they were laughing at the antics of McC table.

Cluxton just looked intense...very intense.
    He cheered up Jamie Wall tonight, that's good enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The sound from their microphones is crap.

• Advertisement

He hasn't done that yet. Still time though.

Well they don't call him Jack Flash for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Being put on the back burner because of McCafferyGate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Brolly has had a few in the green room

It was dirt alright but one of the most dissatisfying things about football over the last few years was the focus on "incidents" as opposed to the game.

It's been much better this year so I'm happy there's not huge focus on these things if damage isn't done or play isn't affected

Being put on the back burner because of McCafferyGate

Completely understandable really. How dare he be absolutely smashed already!!!!

Brolly is hilarious. Just loves an argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Aidan O'Shea is a very over rated player.He is slow and runs out of energy in every game.How many times today when in possession did he run laterally instead of driving at the Dublin defence ?

Any mention of why Mayo ****ed up again?

Andy Moran should be Player Of The Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Just saw the O'Gara thing. Should have sent off for that.

It was dirt alright but one of the most dissatisfying things about football over the last few years was the focus on "incidents" as opposed to the game.

It's been much better this year so I'm happy there's not huge focus on these things if damage isn't done or play isn't affected

True I suppose. I don't want it to detract from the game itself but if a red card is given there it changes the dynamic of the game completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Any mention of why Mayo ****ed up again?
    I'm sure this post has brought some pleasure to your life.

People criticising Jack McCaffrey.What about Joe Brolly ?

Pat needs time to prepare his "statement" before it can be entered into the referee report.

Aidan O'Shea is a very over rated player.He is slow and runs out of energy in every game.How many times today when in possession did he run laterally instead of driving at the Dublin defence ?

In fairness, he gets on a huge amount of ball and covers a lot of ground in every match

I'm sure this post has brought some pleasure to your life.

Was my tongue in cheek as some seem want point blame at Ref rather then the bottlers

Hitchens wrote: »
    In fairness, he gets on a huge amount of ball and covers a lot of ground in every match

He doesn't always make the best use of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Was it Keegan who threw his GPS at Rock striking the last free? Understand the desperation but Jesus. Indo say CCCC will investigate.

rock2.jpg

thrown object clearly visible as Rock begins his run up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Was there any mention of the illegal goal Con O'Callaghan scored after taking eleven steps in on goal, two umpire and the referee failed to penalise it and it was a clear free out. Any mention of the 2 penalties McQuillan denied Mayo. No there wasn't nor will there be because it does not suit the GAA/RTE/Dublin agenda thats why.

Where's this coming from? Any reports or footage?

• Advertisement

Was my tongue in cheek as some seem want point blame at Ref rather then the bottlers

Because thats where the blame lies.

Watch it in slowmo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Indo and it's visible in picture above and slow mo's.

Kh1993 wrote: »
    Was it Keegan who threw his GPS at Rock striking the last free? Understand the desperation but Jesus. Indo say CCCC will investigate.

Disgraceful regardless who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

is that why they wear the black bra like thing to hold the gps?

"Going forward".Colm please.

Brilliant Ciaran.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Whelan telling Brolly to shut up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Brolly is tired and emotional after a long day

• Advertisement

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    is that why they wear the black bra like thing to hold the gps?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,127 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A lot of sensible discussion being drowned out by the 'yis all hate us Dubs' rubbish.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

They have this same chat every few weeks.

Doltanian wrote: »
    Because thats where the blame lies.

Not with the team? Did the ref miss the COC free, or fact Mayo frooze the last 5 min plus stoppage time

Very harsh to be throwing anything at rock when taking the free. Those 2 frees at the end o each half were superb.

Ps.. nobody talking about how good keegan was today. Absolutely cleaned Kilkenny and scored himself. Best player in the country imo.

Can someone tell me what the free in for Dublin was at the end of the first half ? Replayed it a number of times and still can't see why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Doltanian wrote: »
    Was there any mention of the illegal goal Con O'Callaghan scored after taking eleven steps in on goal, two umpire and the referee failed to penalise it and it was a clear free out. Any mention of the 2 penalties McQuillan denied Mayo. No there wasn't nor will there be because it does not suit the GAA/RTE/Dublin agenda thats why.

Or no mention of the stone-wall black card for AOS.
    Or the possible black/yellow even red card for Andy Morans charge into the back of Cooper.
    Swings and roundabouts bud, get over it.

Chris Barrett should be Man Of The Match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

The people relishing the chance to have a go at Mayo are as pathetic as the Mayo fans blaming the ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Anything at this stage for a Celtic Cross I suppose.

I hate this idea of moving the finals to August next year, September will be a dull month for the next few years.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement