Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering for tax as a limited company

Options
  • 12-09-2017 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

I'm about to set up a private limited company. I know the next stage is to register for tax. In my situation my company will be offering it's product (website) for free for the first year. While there may be some income from advertising, this is likely to be insignificant in the first year.

I'm obliged to resister for tax but what tax do I need to register for in this scenario. I'll be below the VAT threshold and won't be taking an income from the company.

It's tempting to not register the business until I start to charge my customers but I want the protection of a limited company and I need to be a registered company and registered for tax to apply for some funding.

Do I register for corporate tax, paye for the director (won't be taking a salary)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

You need to at least register for corporation tax as otherwise the revenue will have your company struck off.

Best Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bespoke1

As mentioned the minimum requirement would be Corporation Tax.

Also, might be worth looking at the SURE scheme for refund for funding!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

Bespoke1 wrote: »
    As mentioned the minimum requirement would be Corporation Tax.

Also, might be worth looking at the SURE scheme for refund for funding!

Thanks, I've heard the SURE scheme is difficult to access, any experience with it?

Advertisement