Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are people so impatient when it comes to a new show coming out?

• 12-09-2017 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

So say a channel has a new show coming out and its released in the good old USA first before getting here maybe a couple of weeks or a month later. Some people decide they can't wait and decide to illegally download it from some site. Whats wrong with waiting a little longer until we can all view it and then chat about it on forums like here in Boards or elsewhere. I know a lot of people these days don't have TV's and view there programs online but they still should have to wait until everyone can see it. That's just my view.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They want to watch the program and not wait. The people who download the program early all can have a discussion and chat about it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Dont see why the Yanks should get it first anymore.

Role on 24th for Star Trek Discovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I have a bad memory. If I have to wait six months for a new series I forget what happened in the last episode of the previous series.

Having said that I don't really illegally download anything because it's getting more and more difficult to do so. It's not getting any easier to watch certain things online legally either unless you're willing to pay a small fortune.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

One good reason, spoilers! Hell you can't even afford to wait one day anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We used to have to wait six weeks for the reel to arrive from Anerica for the next installment of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

AMKC wrote: »
    So say a channel has a new show coming out and its released in the good old USA first before getting here maybe a couple of weeks or a month later. Some people decide they can't wait and decide to illegally download it from some site. Whats wrong with waiting a little longer until we can all view it and then chat about it on forums like here in Boards or elsewhere. I know a lot of people these days don't have TV's and view there programs online but they still should have to wait until everyone can see it. That's just my view.

John Snow really does know nothing!!

JR will be shot!

Walter get away with it...well kinda!

Buddy has another affair.

That's why op!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The problem is with the web once the show goes out in the US the plotline and reviews are released to a global audience so once you have web access you will be exposed to it, your far better to get your hands on it as fast as possible and watch with the first run in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Everything is so on demand now we have become pedantically impatient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭Lo_La

One good reason, spoilers! Hell you can't even afford to wait one day anymore

Exactly and no matter how hard you try to avoid them it's impossible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Because the writers and producers of these shows are just far too good at getting people riled up. They go on a tv show rampage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Spoilers is my reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

These 'some people' are responsible for a lot of bad behaviour.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

biko wrote: »
    I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now!

Advertisement