Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Wiggle handling Chainreaction returns?

Options
  • 12-09-2017 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

So I returned some items to CRC and today I got an email from Wiggle saying they have processed my return. Now the order number doesn't show up in my orders history on Wiggle and it certainly doesn't show up on my CRC order history.

I know Wiggle have merged with CRC but has anyone experienced this with Wiggle handling the returned items?

I mean how did Wiggle even know who I was given my order was with CRC? How did they link my CRC account to my Wiggle account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

A fine example of the left hand telling the right hand what it's doing in a large MNC. A rarity, to be sure. Rejoice in it for it shows that the merge is bringing certain efficencies to the operation, as was no doubt hoped for by the owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I think that there system is acting up.

I ordered and paid for two items , they (not me )then placed a second order for the second item and took the money from my card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yeah, well it definitely doesn't feel like an improvement in efficiency because I'm left confused and they said they have refunded me the amount, which is not what I asked for, I requested the same item but in a different size (mudguards).

Anyway, I'll give it a day or two to see if it works itself out.

Personally I love CRC and I'm not a big fan of Wiggle for two reasons, stock availability on Wiggle is often an issue and CRC are brilliant for speedy dispatch while Wiggle are a lot slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    A fine example of the left hand telling the right hand what it's doing in a large MNC. A rarity, to be sure. Rejoice in it for it shows that the merge is bringing certain efficencies to the operation, as was no doubt hoped for by the owners.

Which will no doubt result in better prices to their customers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Maidhci wrote: »
    Which will no doubt result in better prices to their customers!!

Both companies have a history of unfair geographic pricing policy - documented many times here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sprite0

Yup. Just shows that merger seems to be working well.
    Ordered 4 separate items last week from CRC on 1 order.
    First 3 items were sent from CRC warehouse in NI and had them two days later.
    4th item arrived a day later from Wiggle in the UK.
    Cant complain about the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I was totally confused by the email from Wiggle so I contacted CRC and they said I should not have received an email from Wiggle at all and the reason they are refunding me instead of changing the item for a different size is because they are in the process of changing over their warehousing to the UK (mainland, I hate that term) so they felt a refund would be cleaner, pity CRC didn't tell me this in an email.

Advertisement