Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Army Clothing

Options
  • 12-09-2017 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭

Hi just a quick question,

Is it legal to sell Irish army military clothing? If so,any particular sites?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

rizzee wrote: »
    Hi just a quick question,

Is it legal to sell Irish army military clothing? If so,any particular sites?

Thanks

No, it is illegal.

All ordnance and clothing are property of the Defence Forces.

....just out of curiosity, what have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

No, it is illegal.

All ordnance and clothing are property of the Defence Forces.

....just out of curiosity, what have you got?

I'll take your word for it...

I left about 3 years ago. Have full unform, jacket,boots, bag, tshirts and longsleeve etc.

I'll take your word for it...

I left about 3 years ago. Have full unform, jacket,boots, bag, tshirts and longsleeve etc.

No need to take my word for it, thats the way it is, you should know that from DFR A9 and the 'S' regulations.

Look inside your smock, it should say "property of the Defence Forces".

All kit technically belongs to the Minister for Defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

No need to take my word for it, thats the way it is, you should know that from DFR A9 and the 'S' regulations.

Look inside your smock, it should say "property of the Defence Forces".

All kit technically belongs to the Minister for Defence.

My questions been answered then, thanks :)

My questions been answered then, thanks :)

I see you were in the RDF.

Do you have the kit because you were put on the non effective list? Surely you were not voluntarily discharged as your CQMS should have taken back your kit. Are you one of the lads that just didnt bother turning up anymore?

It is illegal to sell military issue kit due to the on island subversive threat and many others. It may seem over the top but the kit can be used for nefarious reasons.

My advice is to either burn it, pass it onto a serving member, drop it off at your nearest AGS station or military barracks.

If you decide to sell them online be prepared for getting done. There has been a bigger effort to combat selling of kit online and at military fairs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement