Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness camp or similar

• 12-09-2017 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey,

I was trying to find some form of fitness camp (not a kids one) that was on during fall.
    To be more exact:

A place where you stay over for a couple of days or a week and do a bunch of physical activities.

Something that is fun but good training as well. Any ideas ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Lo_La

Wvke wrote: »
    Hey,

I was trying to find some form of fitness camp (not a kids one) that was on during fall.
    To be more exact:

A place where you stay over for a couple of days or a week and do a bunch of physical activities.

Kathryn Thomas runs a bootcamp like this it's called pure results have a look it sounds like exactly what you're looking for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'd be wary of any such short term fitness plan. What happens after the week, do you go back to previous habits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Lo_La

I suppose it's a good way to give you a kick start and improve your knowledge of food and exercise, some people might use it as a break away as well, something different!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I was thinking of this recently op.

As a fussy eater with very little fitness I thought of a camp you could go to that would teach you how to prepare and enjoy healthy food, teach you about nutrition and exercise, healthy living!!

If you didn't eat the healthy foods then you starve, there are no sweets here!

There would also be a space to work during the day should you need to catch up or keep up to date with work (if you can work remotely that is).

It would be something I would defo consider if the option was available!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,466 ✭✭✭Macy0161

OP - I don't know whether you want what LoLA and Frag are talking about or just an alternative to a boozy week(end) away?

You could try the likes of Delphi if it's the latter. Or Carlingford Adventure Centre (where you could also get the beers in).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Wvke

Thanks for all the feedback, for me it's all about a break Macy0161 hit the nail on the head really.

I'll have a look at all the places thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Danye

Wvke wrote: »
    Hey,

To be more exact:

The Irish Strength Institute run a retreat to the Algarve. Might be worth a look?

Advertisement