Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

On the van out for delivery. Going to be a long day in work waiting to get home to play with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

It’s the most cost effective route for the courier companies. They’ve been doing this for decades they’ll have it worked out.

Yeah. As an end customer it always makes me laugh because it doesn’t seem right to me but I’m sure they know what’s best. Probably the same thing as UPS in America not doing left turns? Don’t know if that’s true or a myth. But it is all quite interesting to me how these logistics companies do it.

• Administrators Posts: 54,061 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mine delivered this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

awec wrote: »
    Mine delivered this morning.

Well wear awec!

Let us know thoughts and first impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Mine was delivered there at lunch just setting it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I updated my iPhone 8 last week to iOS 13, after the update my Series 3 Watch was working perfectly. I updated my Watch to Watch OS 6 last night and it's not getting notifications now :mad: Any ideas on how to rectify? Does unpairing and pairing again work?

I updated my iPhone 8 last week to iOS 13, after the update my Series 3 Watch was working perfectly. I updated my Watch to Watch OS 6 last night and it's not getting notifications now :mad: Any ideas on how to rectify? Does unpairing and pairing again work?

I had a few minutes to spare so did a bit of googling. Most people who tried unpairing and then repairing said it didn't fix the issue. I had turned my Watch off and on but it hadn't fixed the issue. But when I turned both my Watch and phone off, and then both back on, it seems things are back to normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Lockster

Try updating your phone to IOS 13.1 and that should fix the issue

Lockster wrote: »
    Try updating your phone to IOS 13.1 and that should fix the issue

Already fixed as per my second post on it:
    I had a few minutes to spare so did a bit of googling. Most people who tried unpairing and then repairing said it didn't fix the issue. I had turned my Watch off and on but it hadn't fixed the issue. But when I turned both my Watch and phone off, and then both back on, it seems things are back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Hi. Just wondering if anyone can help. I can get message notifications but not what’s app, even though I have notifications turned on? I have turned off both my phone and watch and updated the phone also. (Couldn’t pair phone until I updated) thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

can get message notifications but not what’s app
    Whats APP doesnt work on the watch, you can get an emulator but not the real APP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

smurfjed wrote: »
    Whats APP doesnt work on the watch, you can get an emulator but not the real APP.

Message notifications from WhatsApp should still come through though. Id try reinstalling WhatsApp

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Thanks, I got in touch with Apple support and had to rest it by holding the crown dial and side button together and when then the Apple logo appears release them. It works now. Just Incase anyone else has the same problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭iniall

What does anyone think about buying a GPS+Cellular watch in Belfast in the hope and/or expectation that some carrier, any carrier here gets the finger out and supports the watch? Is it madness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

iniall wrote: »
    What does anyone think about buying a GPS+Cellular watch in Belfast in the hope and/or expectation that some carrier, any carrier here gets the finger out and supports the watch? Is it madness?
    save your money. none of the networks have any interest here for it.

Waste of money IMO, in the very unlikely event that we get the cellular support here in the next few years you'd be better off just replacing your watch at that point.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    save your money. none of the networks have any interest here for it.

That looks like the case alright. But why? I don't understand why they don't want more money from more people.

That looks like the case alright. But why? I don't understand why they don't want more money from more people.

The uptake of the people who would want the service would be small. I reckon the money they would make from the service would be a lot smaller than it would take to actually get the service working

The uptake of the people who would want the service would be small. I reckon the money they would make from the service would be a lot smaller than it would take to actually get the service working

But isn't it just the regular cellular service that's already got a couple of million people on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

But isn't it just the regular cellular service that's already got a couple of million people on it?

It's VOLTE. The watch only connects to 4G. Considering Eir and Vodafone now offer VOLTE on their network I wouldn't have thought it would cost much more to offer this on smart watches

• Advertisement

My guess is that carriers here know that the price they'd have to charge per-month to make it worth their while is a price that hardly anyone would be willing to pay.

What are the benefits really? Being able to stream and take phonecalls without needing your phone. Nice features, but not worth paying much for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Be careful with that. I remember,ber something about the cellular model being geo-locked so if bought in Germany would work on German cellular networks only. I stand to be corrected but really wish the networks would treat Irish customers with the same respect as they treat customers in the UK. :mad:

My guess is that carriers here know that the price they'd have to charge per-month to make it worth their while is a price that hardly anyone would be willing to pay.

What are the benefits really? Being able to stream and take phonecalls without needing your phone. Nice features, but not worth paying much for.

I'd love to be able to go out for a run or a cycle with just the watch and AirPods and still be contactable.

flexcon wrote: »
    It's VOLTE. The watch only connects to 4G. Considering Eir and Vodafone now offer VOLTE on their network I wouldn't have thought it would cost much more to offer this on smart watches

flexcon might have the answer as to why its not offered in Ireland. The networks are so poor that frequently I find myself with only 3G or worse signal and that's even in supposedly 4G areas. So offering VoLTE is great if there is a suitable signal:rolleyes:

PaulT21 wrote: »
    flexcon might have the answer as to why its not offered in Ireland. The networks are so poor that frequently I find myself with only 3G or worse signal and that's even in supposedly 4G areas. So offering VoLTE is great if there is a suitable signal:rolleyes:

What network are you with?

I'm on Vodafone and I'd say 99% of the time I get rock solid 4G.

Im on 3 in Donegal. There are parts on the main National Routes (N15) up here which have no signal at all:mad: By the way I only recently moved from VF and they were no better. Im sure things are much better in the more urban areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

the watch uses esim technology which none of our networks support.
    It sucks tbh ..I'd love the cellular version of the AW so I could leave the phone at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Yep. Vodafone Ireland is one of the best networks in Europe. It is outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭digiman

I'd love to be able to go out for a run or a cycle with just the watch and AirPods and still be contactable.

I'd happily pay 20 quid a month for that, it's the main reason I've never bought one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

anyone order a series 5 nike? any movement on it yet?

Advertisement