Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch

Comments

Any shops selling the 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Any shops selling the 4?

Don't think they are, unless it is old stock. S4 and S5 are identical minus the always on display and compass.

If you have the extra cash I would go with the S5 (or S4 if you can find it), the display alone makes it worth while. Also remember that some of the watch faces are only available on S4 and above, like the following

- Infograph
    - California
    - Meridian

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/watch/apde9218b440/watchos

I definitely wouldn’t buy the 3 but the 5 is wicked money for all it is. Will keep an eye on eBay, etc for a series 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JBan1984

Brown Thomas are selling a series 4 for 399 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

Looking at a series 5 44mm on Amazon.de. Would it be safe buying for there @ €444 plus €8 postage.

Buying off Apple Ireland it’s coming in at €489

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

bop1977 wrote: »

That’s the standard price from Nike. Good to highlight again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Sarn wrote: »
    That’s the standard price from Nike. Good to highlight again.

As Sarn said, that's the standard price for the Nike watch. That's where I bought my Series 5 and I really like the Nike strap. I also kept the strap from my Series 3 when I traded it into CEX

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

hey guys, sorry I know this has been asked already but I'm currently looking to buy an AW and very torn between the 3/5. Would love to splurge for the 5 but know there's going to be at least 1st two days a week I can't wear it at work.

Can somebody who's maybe has the 3 confirm for me that I can use spotify on it? I'm seeing different things online! I'd like to be able to leave my phone and home when I'm walking/at the gym but still use spotify via Bluetooth headphone and watch.

Thanks in advance!

hey guys, sorry I know this has been asked already but I'm currently looking to buy an AW and very torn between the 3/5. Would love to splurge for the 5 but know there's going to be at least 1st two days a week I can't wear it at work.

Can somebody who's maybe has the 3 confirm for me that I can use spotify on it? I'm seeing different things online! I'd like to be able to leave my phone and home when I'm walking/at the gym but still use spotify via Bluetooth headphone and watch.

Thanks in advance!

You can control Spotify on the watch, but the phone must be in range. Unfortunately there is no way to download Spotify playlists to the watch and then leave your phone at home.
    However, for any music that is saved on your phone in the standard music app, this can be saved to the watch and then listened to without the phone in range.

For what it's worth, I went from a Series 3 to a Series 5, and for the bump in screen size alone, it was worth it

Edited to add: As per the couple of posts above this one, the Apple Watch is cheaper on the Nike website than on the Apple website. There aren't really options as to what strap it will come with on the Nike website, but with the savings you could buy an official Apple strap

• Advertisement

You can control Spotify on the watch, but the phone must be in range. Unfortunately there is no way to download Spotify playlists to the watch and then leave your phone at home.
    However, for any music that is saved on your phone in the standard music app, this can be saved to the watch and then listened to without the phone in range.

For what it's worth, I went from a Series 3 to a Series 5, and for the bump in screen size alone, it was worth it

Edited to add: As per the couple of posts above this one, the Apple Watch is cheaper on the Nike website than on the Apple website. There aren't really options as to what strap it will come with on the Nike website, but with the savings you could buy an official Apple strap

Thanks for the reply! Can I just ask do you have the GPS and Cellular model? Or just GPS?

Scrap that, I've just seen cellular isn't available here. That would make me go for the 3 and upgrade down the line if it becomes available.

Scrap that, I've just seen cellular isn't available here. That would make me go for the 3 and upgrade down the line if it becomes available.

I haven't heard anything about any of the networks in Ireland supporting eSims, so I wouldn't be holding my breath about it being available anytime soon!

I haven't heard anything about any of the networks in Ireland supporting eSims, so I wouldn't be holding my breath about it being available anytime soon!

Such a pity too, would be so handy!

The music thing would be something that would put me off. I’m already paying for YouTube music so won’t be paying for Apple Music too.

The music thing would be something that would put me off. I’m already paying for YouTube music so won’t be paying for Apple Music too.

I did a bit of looking into this and apparently it's easy enough to use a third party app to play your Spotify music via the watch, so I'm happy enough with that and podcast. Still can't make up my mind between the 3 and the 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

I did a bit of looking into this and apparently it's easy enough to use a third party app to play your Spotify music via the watch, so I'm happy enough with that and podcast. Still can't make up my mind between the 3 and the 5.

Can you elaborate on the 3rd party apps? Sick of bringing my phone with me on a run.......

Can you elaborate on the 3rd party apps? Sick of bringing my phone with me on a run.......

I obviously haven't used any yet myself so I wouldn't want to recommend one. But just do a quick Google and a few articles come up. If I find one myself that works I'll DM you 😊 if not I'm willing to try apple music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

I think they are converters which remove the drm but you need either a pc or Mac to be able to do it , at least I think that is the case. That’s no use to me as I only have an iPad and iPhone so that is a deal breaker for me as regards the Apple Watch series 5

I see this morning on a pocket casts update that you can download and listen offline on the watch now. That would be a massive bonus.

• Advertisement

I see this morning on a pocket casts update that you can download and listen offline on the watch now. That would be a massive bonus.

Overcast does the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

You need Pocket Casts + to allow on the Apple Watch. Costs 0.99c per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭breeno

Hopefully Spotify might follow suit soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Crude work around is downloading the songs & manually transferring to iphone via iTunes. Then on to watch.

Annoying but got me a few songs to listen to for now. Why Spotify dont have this functionality yet is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

For anyone interested I have an unopened Watch for sale

Apple Watch Series 3 38MM Silver aluminum with white sport band

Bought directly from Apple in April but not a wanted gift. Have the original billing document also for consumer law etc.

Selling it straight up for €160. Putting it on done deal later on but feel free to PM me if you want to snap it up.

10 years rep on boards.ie so I promise I am not selling a dud.;)

flexcon wrote: »

Bought directly from Apple in April but not a wanted gift. Have the original billing document also for consumer law etc.

Selling it straight up for €160. Putting it on done deal later on but feel free to PM me if you want to snap it up.

Aw Jesus I literally just ordered this exact watch yesteday and paid 239 for it

Mr Velo wrote: »
    You need Pocket Casts + to allow on the Apple Watch. Costs 0.99c per month.

I had bought the app years ago so have the sub for free. Handier for me ahead of Overcast as I use android and windows devices from time to time too.

flexcon wrote: »

PM sent

PM sent

Said I’d throw this in here for a chance buyer.

Watch is sold but I also have an unopened AirPods Pro bought this month - unwanted corporate gift.

RRP€279 on Apple.ie

Boardsie can take it for €215 plus postage if needed.

PM me if need more info. Will go on adverts Saturday.

• Advertisement

PM sent

Said I’d throw this in here for a chance buyer.

Watch is sold but I also have an unopened AirPods Pro bought this month - unwanted corporate gift.

RRP €279 on Apple.ie

Yours for €215. Pm if interested

Advertisement