Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

flexcon wrote: »
    Said I’d throw this in here for a chance buyer.

Watch is sold but I also have an unopened AirPods Pro bought this month - unwanted corporate gift.

RRP €279 on Apple.ie

Yours for €215. Pm if interested

I’ve sent a PM. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anybody having issues syncing playlists to the Apple Watch?

It’s been going on a few weeks for me now, where the Apple curated playlists (For You, New Music etc) aren’t syncing the most recent track list, and is using an older list. Seems to only affect the Apple playlists.

I removed all Apple’s playlists for a few days and when I added them back the old songs weirdly synced back again, so I’m unsure what’s happening because they were from weeks old versions.

Other than a reset which I want to avoid I can’t think of any solutions. I’ve tried restarting the watch and I’ve had at least one update to the watch since then but the same issue. Even manually syncing doesn’t update the playlists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Anyone know where is repairing Iwatch 3 series screens cheaply? Even the repair shop in Nutgrove doesn’t do them and would be looking for about 200 Quid. Surely somewhere out there repairs then with a decent generic screen. Any help would be great.
    I don’t fancy paying that much as the 3 series isn’t much more to buy brand new and this watch is running perfectly, other than the cracked screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,070 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Anyone know where is repairing Iwatch 3 series screens cheaply? Even the repair shop in Nutgrove doesn’t do them and would be looking for about 200 Quid. Surely somewhere out there repairs then with a decent generic screen. Any help would be great.
    I don’t fancy paying that much as the 3 series isn’t much more to buy brand new and this watch is running perfectly, other than the cracked screen.

is it this kind of crack?

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/screen-replacement-program-apple-watch-series-2-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Unfortunately not. I dropped it and it cracked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Having seen the video from JRE where he replaces a series 4 screen...it's not an easy job!

Apple seem to do repairs for €181: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/watch/repair/service/pricing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZYWzsB_yfA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭iniall

Has anybody with a Series 5 updated to WatchOS 7? I did over night and my watch’s battery capacity seems to have collapsed - I’ve had to charge it twice today already. :eek: I usually get to the end of the day with more than 30% left... I hope it’s resolved in 7.01 - and soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

iniall wrote: »
    Has anybody with a Series 5 updated to WatchOS 7? I did over night and my watch’s battery capacity seems to have collapsed - I’ve had to charge it twice today already. :eek: I usually get to the end of the day with more than 30% left... I hope it’s resolved in 7.01 - and soon!

I updated my Series 5 last night and battery life seems fine. I’m very impressed with how quick the watch is now

• Administrators Posts: 54,065 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I’m confused about the sleep tracking, I wore my watch sleeping last night and nothing shows up in health. Has enabled the sleep feature I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

awec wrote: »
    I’m confused about the sleep tracking, I wore my watch sleeping last night and nothing shows up in health. Has enabled the sleep feature I thought.

Just shows you what time you slept and woke up, nothing else really

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I updated mine last night and it’s dropped 6% overnight which is par for the course, if it gets too low today I’ll let you know. Have you tried turning it off and on again? Or doing a hard restart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I had a full charge at 8am it's now 11:40am and I'm at 42% serious battery drain going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Just arrived setting it up!

Blue looks good - congrats! Let us know your blood oxygen levels ASAP! :pac:

I updated mine last night and it’s dropped 6% overnight which is par for the course, if it gets too low today I’ll let you know. Have you tried turning it off and on again? Or doing a hard restart?

I haven't hard reset it yet, I wanted to see if it settled down a little first. Not sure if it has or not.
    I had a full charge at 8am it's now 11:40am and I'm at 42% serious battery drain going on.

That's what mine was like yesterday. Today it's complicated because I wore it from 7am, then put it back on the charger for about half an hour at 10am. It's now at 78%. I'd say a hard reset is on the cards in the not-too-distant future...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Ya there’s something amiss with yers. S5 Off charger since before 8 and currently at 97%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Do Curry's/Harvey Norman do Apple Watch straps does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Excellent. Where did yours ship from? Mine’s been cleared at customs, God knows where though!

Blue looks good - congrats! Let us know your blood oxygen levels ASAP! :pac:

526710.png

What a time to be alive

• Advertisement

naasrd wrote: »
    Excellent. Where did yours ship from? Mine’s been cleared at customs, God knows where though!

Came from Hinckley UK overnight.
    A lot of the more sort of sought after combinations are coming from China I’ve heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Man, you're lucky. Mine is still showing delivery on Oct 1 for a Blue one with a normal Blue sports strap.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I haven't hard reset it yet, I wanted to see if it settled down a little first. Not sure if it has or not.

Just to update you, mine is currently sitting at 56%.

A hard restart won’t wipe any data btw, though a reset would.

Just to update you, mine is currently sitting at 56%.

A hard restart won’t wipe any data btw, though a reset would.

Thanks for the update. Mine's now at 45%. Before WatchOS 7, it'd be at 30-35% by midnight. So, it's a little better than yesterday, but still not great. Will reset it this evening and see how I get on over the weekend.

Never had one bit going to take the plunge this time round I think. On one hand the 6 is nuts money but looking at it realistically for a while, the SE seems a waste considering the difference in price here to the 6.
    Are they going to keep selling the 4 or 5 like they did the 3?

Man, you're lucky. Mine is still showing delivery on Oct 1 for a Blue one with a normal Blue sports strap.

When you order out of curiosity? Usually the dates Apple give are worst case you’ll probably get it sooner. I was keen to order because I was without my S4 for a month and I missed it so I ordered straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Ordered initially on Tuesday evening at launch but it was quoting a November delivery for a blue 44mm with a braided loop. So I cancelled and reordered a plainer one on Wednesday morning. Now saying Oct 1 delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's what mine was like yesterday. Today it's complicated because I wore it from 7am, then put it back on the charger for about half an hour at 10am. It's now at 78%. I'd say a hard reset is on the cards in the not-too-distant future...

Did a reset on mine this evening and it seems back to normal drain now.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Ordered initially on Tuesday evening at launch but it was quoting a November delivery for a blue 44mm with a braided loop. So I cancelled and reordered a plainer one on Wednesday morning. Now saying Oct 1 delivery.

Yes, choosing the braided loop results in a 8 week delay it seems....not sure I love the braided loop anyway.

• Advertisement

Ah I get ya. It was the few hours that made the difference. I probably ordered at the same time but I wasn’t prepared to wait until November for the braided one or leather one so I just got it with the sport band and that had 18th for a delivery date at the time.

Advertisement