Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulT21

dodzy wrote: »
    Cheers Paul, thought as much but I must be missing something simple; can’t seem to get it to work. 6s plus fine on double tap Home. I thought a double tap on the button below the crown carried out the same function. But no.

I take it the card is showing in the Watch App "Wallet & Apple Pay" on yout 6s? I have a cover on my watch and sometimes, when I double tap the side button, the dock apps come up and other times the card appears for use with Apple Pay. Ithink you need to double tap quickly to ensure the card shows up!! Hope you get sorted:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

PaulT21 wrote: »
    I take it the card is showing in the Watch App "Wallet & Apple Pay" on yout 6s? I have a cover on my watch and sometimes, when I double tap the side button, the dock apps come up and other times the card appears for use with Apple Pay. Ithink you need to double tap quickly to ensure the card shows up!! Hope you get sorted:)

On the phone, in the watch app, I have ‘wallet’, not wallet and apple pay. Within this app, I have 2 choices, mirror my phone and custom. Nothing else.

On the phone, in the watch app, I have ‘wallet’, not wallet and apple pay. Within this app, I have 2 choices, mirror my phone and custom. Nothing else.

Just to check you are running IOS 11.0.2 on the phone and Watch OS 4?

Should look like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Getting two days out of the Apple Watch series 3 if I don’t use workouts/gps. That’s pretty good, be nice if it’s still like that in a year / 18 months.

• Advertisement

Just to check you are running IOS 11.0.2 on the phone and Watch OS 4?

Should look like this.

11.1 on phone and 4 on watch. Only says wallet on my phone where yours says wallet and Apple Pay. Odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Four Winds

Only thing about those knock off bands. It starts to become obvious they’re knock offs while the Apple bands maintain their aesthetic much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Four Winds wrote: »
    Only thing about those knock off bands. It starts to become obvious they’re knock offs while the Apple bands maintain their aesthetic much better.

Agreed. I bought a couple of the knock-off sports bands and the attract dust, fluff and other detritus like a magnet within a couple of days. I'm currently wearing an official Apple sports band since June and it is EXACTLY the same as the day I got it. Whatever materials/biocides they use is highly effective at repelling cruft.

IMO the knock-off sport bands are actually a false economy and are not worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’ve ordered the flash sports loop, definitely more suited to the gym etc I think

11.1 on phone and 4 on watch. Only says wallet on my phone where yours says wallet and Apple Pay. Odd.

Just one last thing on the Apple Pay. Maybe the Apple Pay bit doesnt show up unless a card is added? I had to contact my bank to have the card authorised on my Phone first. I couldnt add it manually so to speak. Im with UB.

On the watch bands, I have a non genuine Sports band which does the trick but does indeed look tired and worn after only a few weeks. But it would still kill me to pay €59 for a watch band from Apple:mad:

• Advertisement

Apple Pay working fine on phone. Visa debit. Strange that it’s just ‘wallet’ on iwatch app on phone as opposed to ‘wallet and apple pay’?

Apple Pay working fine on phone. Visa debit. Strange that it’s just ‘wallet’ on iwatch app on phone as opposed to ‘wallet and apple pay’?

Lost so:(. Maybe one of the lads with the watch a bit longer here and more familiar with Apple Pay might like to chime in. Sorry I couldnt be more informative. Hope you get sorted:)

Lost so:(. Maybe one of the lads with the watch a bit longer here and more familiar with Apple Pay might like to chime in. Sorry I couldnt be more informative. Hope you get sorted:)
    Not the end of the world as whether the watch is on or off, phone is always in the arse pocket ;)

Just gotta get it working.....because it should!:)

Not the end of the world as whether the watch is on or off, phone is always in the arse pocket ;)

Just gotta get it working.....because it should!:)

Im sure you have had a look at this before dodzy but just in case

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT205630 :)

Im sure you have had a look at this before dodzy but just in case

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT205630 :)

Disgusted with myself. Region set to Aland Islands (a finish islands region I've just been made aware exists). Jesus:mad:

Cheers Paul. Sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Getting two days out of the Apple Watch series 3 if I don’t use workouts/gps. That’s pretty good, be nice if it’s still like that in a year / 18 months.
    you wont be! have a series 2 Nike edition and had been comfortably getting two days pre OS4 now its a struggle to make two days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

shanec1928 wrote: »
    you wont be! have a series 2 Nike edition and had been comfortably getting two days pre OS4 now its a struggle to make two days

AW Series3 42mm (Watch OS4) - 56hrs since last charge. Currently at 17%. No GPS used in this time.

Disgusted with myself. Region set to Aland Islands (a finish islands region I've just been made aware exists). Jesus:mad:

Cheers Paul. Sorted.

Ha ha its always the small things that can make it so difficult.,. Glad you got sorted out:)

Genuine Apple Sports Band for €30.98 from Currys plus €5 postage

http://www.currys.ie/Product/apple-watch-42-mm-black-sport-band/335504/403.0.2

or same from Apple for €59

https://www.apple.com/ie/shop/product/MJ4N2ZM/A/42mm-black-sport-band-s-m-m-l

That is a bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Nike Apple Watch series 3 available in 38mm or 42mm on Nike’s website €50 cheaper than Apple.ie had Nike series 2 great watch sold it and bought this today nice little deal.

https://store.nike.com/ie/en_gb/pw/apple-watch-nike-/r9u?intpromo=HP%3AP1%3A20171005%3ARUN%3ASHOPNOW%3ATAKEOVER

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Nike Apple Watch series 3 available in 38mm or 42mm on Nike’s website €50 cheaper than Apple.ie had Nike series 2 great watch sold it and bought this today nice little deal.

https://store.nike.com/ie/en_gb/pw/apple-watch-nike-/r9u?intpromo=HP%3AP1%3A20171005%3ARUN%3ASHOPNOW%3ATAKEOVER

Does the Nike+ version have everything the standard Watch has plus a few Nike branded features, or are you missing clock faces or something from the standard Watch? Basically, I’d consider buying this Nike version while it’s at a lower price and if it has all the standard features and clock faces of the standard series 3. :) Not mad about the strap but could be good for the gym, and I’d swap it for a leather strap for normal wear situations. I’ve never owned an Apple Watch and would love to jump on board the Watch train to have it accompany my iPhone SE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Does the Nike+ version have everything the standard Watch has plus a few Nike branded features, or are you missing clock faces or something from the standard Watch? Basically, I’d consider buying this Nike version while it’s at a lower price and if it has all the standard features and clock faces of the standard series 3. :) Not mad about the strap but could be good for the gym, and I’d swap it for a leather strap for normal wear situations. I’ve never owned an Apple Watch and would love to jump on board the Watch train to have it accompany my iPhone SE.
    has everything a normal version has the only difference is obviously the strap and the exclusive watch face. other than that its the exact same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Have the watch about 10 days now and really like it :) Got the gold 38mm. Quite impressed that I'm getting 2 days battery life on average

Quick question: does anyone here use a screen protector/ case on their watch?

Just worried the screen or aluminum casing might get scratched or scuffed

..... I doubt the 1 year apple warranty would cover such issues.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Have the watch about 10 days now and really like it :) Got the gold 38mm. Quite impressed that I'm getting 2 days battery life on average

I use a Zagg shield for the face. Paid €9 plus free delivery for it from Zagg online. I would have had a lot is scrapes on the screen if I didn’t have it. I have a few scrapes on the case but the cases I looked at were ugly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I’m a lover of watches and have a few fancy ones in my collection well above the price of an Apple Watch. I don’t wear a case on them so I don’t wear a case on my Apple Watch. :)

Tbf, cases on any Watch look naff. Watches will scuff or worse, adds to the character! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

faceman wrote: »
    I’m a lover of watches and have a few fancy ones in my collection well above the price of an Apple Watch. I don’t wear a case on them so I don’t wear a case on my Apple Watch. :)

Tbf, cases on any Watch look naff. Watches will scuff or worse, adds to the character! :p

I didn’t have one on the series 1 or 2 but I’ve got one for the series 3 I got a few marks on the S2 which effected the resale value so I got one for the new one.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

faceman wrote: »

they're a hell of a lot more robust though.
    I have about 8-12 watches which have gone through plenty of knocks and falls and survived...bar the apple watch..a fall of 2 feet or more will break the glass and it costs practically the full price to replace it.
    I'm a lot more careful with it this time around :) as I hate cases on them too.

Got my band from Aliexpress this morning.

Have to say, very impressed. Not bad for €6. Have a look at the pick.

Another pic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I saw in a youtube video by from IDB that there is a news app for the apple watch (similar to the news widget for iphone), but I can't seem to find any information on it...... does anyone have the news app on their watch....?

Video Link re news app

At approximately 9:40 mins mentions news app

Also has anyone any good watch-compatible app recommendations? :D

Advertisement