Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soyuz launch tonight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,875 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I just watched it and for technology that has been around since the Apollo era it looked as sweet as a nut and I liked the camera inside the spaceship and the mini Sputnik hanging there which acts as a zero gravity indicator is a very nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I was afraid you mightn't see much in the dark but it lit up the screen very nicely

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I just watched it and for technology that has been around since the Apollo era it looked as sweet as a nut and I liked the camera inside the spaceship and the mini Sputnik hanging there which acts as a zero gravity indicator is a very nice touch
    Technically speaking the capsule dates from the Apollo era but the first one and a half stages are Sputnik era, with lots and lots of updates ;)

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/soyuz-ms-06.html

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭jfSDAS

Many thanks for the note about the launch Ghost Train. I watched the coverage on Nasa TV - terrific background stuff and nice to see the parts where the crew spoke to family and friends in the hours before departure.

John

Advertisement