Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi A1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

Just updated to Oreo 8.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

dunleas wrote: »
    Just updated to Oreo 8.1

Wiped my sms but I had them backed up.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Sir Dosser wrote: »

a known issue so back up before applying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

THE ALM wrote: »
    How do u backup sms

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    How did you backup and restore yours back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I use SMS Backup and Restore, backs up call log also.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

THE ALM wrote:

To be fair it's not made clear it will be upgrading to 8.1 just looks like you will be installing the standard security update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

To be fair it's not made clear it will be upgrading to 8.1 just looks like you will be installing the standard security update

Yes it wasn't mentioned but update was over 1.1GB.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Still not a sign of it here. Are there different models of this phone?

Have you checked for system updates? Mine didn't notify me but it was there when I checked.

It's showing on mine since yesterday.havent done the update yet as just waiting to see if there is any bugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭corkie

• Advertisement

Noticing a few little quirks since I did the 8.1 update that has since been pulled.

Things like my parrot sometimes saying no network, when I click a number in sms it opens the dialer with the number already typed but when I press the green phone button to start calling the person nothing happens.

I hope they release an update do undo all these problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

donegal. wrote: »
    if you want to upgrade the camera to googles gcam

Does anyone know how to do this on 8.0?

It wiped my phone :mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That's the exact guide I used on 8.0.

Me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭dunnerc

chrismon wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to do this on 8.0?

It wiped my phone :mad:

Found this on the xda forum

IMPORTANT: SINCE MAY OTA UPDATE, DATA IS WIPED IN THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCKING PROCESS. TO USE THE TOOL YOU HAVE DOWNGRADE APRIL OR BEFORE, INSTALL THE CAMERA AND THEN UPDATE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Would like to install google camera , but dont want my phone wiped , how do I downgrade , or is there another way of installing google camera ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

dunnerc wrote: »
    Would like to install google camera , but dont want my phone wiped , how do I downgrade , or is there another way of installing google camera ?

From my research no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Anyone on Tescomobile struggle with roaming on the Mi A1 - I'm in NL at the moment & all networks are showing as forbidden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,857 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Anyone on Tescomobile struggle with roaming on the Mi A1 - I'm in NL at the moment & all networks are showing as forbidden.

Have you got Sim Tool kit installed? There's an option there for Going Abroad and network selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Have you got Sim Tool kit installed? There's an option there for Going Abroad and network selection.

Tried to install it but it sent me an authentication code.....by text!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭corkie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

What's the latest on this phones lads and ladettes? Is there a problem with the latest update? Had been thinking of getting this phone but have my doubts now.

How fast does the phone fully charge from empty as I heard there is no fast charge?

Also the lack of nfc is disappointing. Don't use it yet but with android pay coming to Revolut, it will definitely be used

Colemania wrote: »
    What's the latest on this phones lads and ladettes? Is there a problem with the latest update? Had been thinking of getting this phone but have my doubts now.

How fast does the phone fully charge from empty as I heard there is no fast charge?

Also the lack of nfc is disappointing. Don't use it yet but with android pay coming to Revolut, it will definitely be used

fully charge from empty in under two hours for me, pretty rapid to get up to 80% too from flat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Did you get this sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Was in Italy two weeks ago and couldn't make or take calls for a week. Funnily enough I could send and receive texts no problem. I'm with lyca mobile. It was OK for the few days before I came home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I'm kinda sorry I bought this phone. Should have bought the Nokia 7 plus android one. Its flying along with the updates....This Xiaomi still stuck on May security update. Too late now I'm stuck with it for a year now.

I'm kinda sorry I bought this phone. Should have bought the Nokia 7 plus android one. Its flying along with the updates....This Xiaomi still stuck on May security update. Too late now I'm stuck with it for a year now.

That phone didn't come out until 6 months after the A1

The inevitable happened today and I dropped my A1, destroyed the screen.

If the Mi A2 lite comes in at around €250 and has the specs it purported to have (4000 batt, 20 mp front and rear, quick charge 3.0, expandable memory) and it has band 20, I think I'll go for it.

sydthebeat wrote: »

If the Mi A2 lite comes in at around €250 and has the specs it purported to have (4000 batt, 20 mp front and rear, quick charge 3.0, expandable memory) and it has band 20, I think I'll go for it.
    Screens are cheap would you not repair it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Unfortunately yes. The device has a radio but I don't think that the kernel supports it. A friend of mine had to have the FM tuner so we ended up putting lineage os on it which does support the tuner.

massy086 wrote: »
    Screens are cheap would you not repair it

As in DIY? Maybe. Any idea of cost and degree of difficulty?

If it was reasonable to send off for repair I'd do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Terre

Having lots of issues with call quality, people cannot hear me during calls it completely drops. Seems to be a common problem. Anyone know a fix for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Terre wrote:
    Having lots of issues with call quality, people cannot hear me during calls it completely drops. Seems to be a common problem. Anyone know a fix for this?

In the same boat here. Also the signal coverage is very inconsistent. Losing calls a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

sydthebeat wrote: »

Same here - dropped and broke screen this week. Would definitely be interested in repairing if it was reasonable.

I got 8.1 just now..... Check your system updates..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Terre

Bahanaman wrote: »
    In the same boat here. Also the signal coverage is very inconsistent. Losing calls a lot of the time.

What a serious pain and flaw. There seems to be no fix for it either.

I got 8.1 just now..... Check your system updates..

Yes, I have it here. Hopefully it sorts out last months shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Bawnmore wrote:
    Same here - dropped and broke screen this week. Would definitely be interested in repairing if it was reasonable.

Did my screen and got it replaced.
    In Galway
    100 feuro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

FirstSeed wrote: »
    very interested model for this segment

Could you extrapolate on your thesis?

I'm having a few issues since the 8.1 update yesterday...

Notification led does not pulse anymore, it just stays on constant when notifications come in..
    During whatsapp voice call it random changes to loud speaker and then back to ear piece..
    Twice today I had ghost touch, my volume randomly turned up by itself and my multitask menu activated by itself.

Maybe I need to do a factory reset :(..... Pain in the ball sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Did my screen and got it replaced.
    In Galway
    100 feuro

Cheers - if it's around 100 quid I might just hold off for a little while and see how the new version of the phone looks. Playing with the idea of the RN5 too but a little put off by lack of USB C.

Yeah, if I can get a new version of the phone for 170 I'm not going to splash out 100 for a screen replacement and all the hassle that entails.

Im going to wait to see the official specs and prices for the vA2 and A2lite

Done the 8.1 update the other day and am having the issue where the notification light is staying on instead of blinking. Has anyone tried a factory reset? Did it resolve the issue? Thinking of doing one anyway and installing gcam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement