Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic at the dunkettle / tunnel in the mornings

Options
  • 13-09-2017 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

I don't usually travel to Cork early in the mornings anymore but I have an appointment in the hospital in Mahon tomorrow morning at 8.30am.

What's the traffic like on the Dublin road approach these days? What time should I be aiming to reach the roundabout to get to Mahon for 8.30?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

oakshade wrote: »
    I don't usually travel to Cork early in the mornings anymore but I have an appointment in the hospital in Mahon tomorrow morning at 8.30am.

What's the traffic like on the Dublin road approach these days? What time should I be aiming to reach the roundabout to get to Mahon for 8.30?

Many thanks

It can start to get very heavy from about half 7, so allow plenty of time to get through the lights. Once you are through the tunnel it should be ok in that direction until you hit Mahon itself but it moves quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Barring an accident, it should be heavy traffic but usually moving, the off ramp to Mahon is usually busy so I would leave a little extra time to make the journey, just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Best to try and be at the tunnel for 7am
    You'll be ahead of any traffic jams, and have plenty of time to park your car, get a tea.

Advertisement