Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't register for myeir

Options
  • 13-09-2017 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

registering for myeir, I  get as far as getting the  e-mail to verify e-mail address, but when I click link, it says it can't confirm profile and tto try again. Please help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

silkey wrote: »
    registering for myeir, I  get as far as getting the  e-mail to verify e-mail address, but when I click link, it says it can't confirm profile and tto try again. Please help!
    Hi silkey,

Sorry to hear you're having issues registering for my eir. Can you PM me your account number, full name and email address please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 32 silkey

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi silkey,

Sorry to hear you're having issues registering for my eir. Can you PM me your account number, full name and email address please?

- Adam

I tried it again about a half hour ago and it works.
    Thanks.

silkey wrote: »
    eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi silkey,

- Adam

I tried it again about a half hour ago and it works.
    Thanks.
    No problem, glad to hear it worked for you :) 

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Can I ask if it's a known fault? I've just got a SIM from Eir to try out the service and this is putting me off switching over fully.

boombang wrote: »
    Hi, I'm having the same issue. Can I ask if it's a known fault? I've just got a SIM from Eir to try out the service and this is putting me off switching over fully.
    Hi boombang,

Sorry to hear this. We are aware of issues with this service, these issues are being looked into and we are working to get them fixed ASAP. Can you PM me your number, PIN and full name please?

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 crankyoldgit

I ve been having this issue since Saturday 9th Sep - seven days now.
    Last Weds eir opened a case and gave me a case number - but I havent heard from them since.
    I chat with support every day - they always say "try again in 24hrs"

Today I was told 

S***** [4:13:36 PM]
    I am sorry to say that there is an ongoing outage with the my eir application and our team is working on it to fix that. I would request you to wait for 1-2 working days to get fixed. I really apologize for the inconvenience caused.
    You [4:14:58 PM]
    I was told that a week ago. Can you confirm that my eir application has been offline since last saturday
    S***** [4:15:20 PM]
    Yes, Joe. There is an issue with the my eir application.
    You [4:16:36 PM]
    and this application has been unavailable for 7 days?
    S***** [4:17:00 PM]
    Yes, Joe.

I just want to provide an update here. Eir representatives have tried a number of times to sort this, but it's still not resolved.

I do need to be able to manage my account before I'm comfortable with switching from my existing provider. 

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

im having the same problem with a new sim  card

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Hi Eir,

Any update on this issue? I was hoping it might be resolved by the end of the week. 

Cheers,
    BB

Hi Eir,

Any update on this issue? I was hoping it might be resolved by the end of the week. 

Cheers,
    BB
    Hi BB,

I have responded to your PM about this.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Just a quick update for anybody else with this issue. Eir are still working on it and hope to update me next week.

Just a quick update for anybody else with this issue. Eir are still working on it and hope to update me next week.
    HI Eir,

Any progress? This is getting frustrating to be honest. 

I called to an Eir outlet yesterday evening and they weren't able to push things forward. I asked to try registering with a new SIM, but the staff member didn't agree to that. 

Thanks,

bb

OK, I got this resolved. Thought I'd post here for anybody else having the same problem. 

I needed to clear the cache and cookies in Chrome and permit pop-ups, that then allowed me to register. 

It was annoying that this took so long to sort out. Eventually it was the support team at Eir's twitter presence that gave me the advice I needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi there boombang

Thank you so much for letting us know.  So glad to hear you got this resolved.

-Kyle

Advertisement