Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings accounts options

Options
  • 13-09-2017 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I am a bit confused about my best options regarding savings accounts.  I currently have a regular savings account and am thinking about changing it to a mortgage savings account.  I am wondering what my best option would be for having a separate rainy day fund. Would the goal saver account be best or is that only for a set period of time?  I am looking to just have a second smaller savings account which I can dip in to if I run in to a good bit of expense in a short period of time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Snakeweasel,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

If you are looking for an account that you don't have to give notice to withdraw from and wish to transfer funds into whenever you wish please see our demand deposit account here.

If this is not suitable we have a range of other savings account which some require notice and are set up by direct debit from the current account. Please see here.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana :)

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Hi Kareana 
    Thanks for your response.
    So just to clarify, with the demand deposit, you don't set up a direct debit, you just deposit money in there or transfer it from your current account online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Snakeweasel,

Yes you can set up a standing order to the demand deposit account and you can transfer into it if you have extra that you would like to save from the current account.

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Kareana  

Advertisement