Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIK Connect - without Port forwarding

Options
  • 13-09-2017 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

I need to give remote access to a new hikvision dvr at a remote site for my work, the internet access at the remote site is a vodafone B3500 router with a vodafone data sim in it.
    Vodafone said they cannot give me a static IP address and they also say they think they are blocking ports but cannot confirm.

Would HIK-Connect get me around this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Can you not get the original installer back to set it up? We'd normally drop back free of charge if we installed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Can you not get the original installer back to set it up? We'd normally drop back free of charge if we installed it.

The installer said he has never used the hik connect before, he normally asks for a dsl connection with a static IP and requests then for IT to do the port forwarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

jamesd wrote: »
    The installer said he has never used the hik connect before, he normally asks for a dsl connection with a static IP and requests then for IT to do the port forwarding.

Vodafone do block ports on some routers so the HIk connect may not work.
    No harm in trying tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 brk13

I've set up hik-connect on several routers without failure so id say you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

brk13 wrote: »
    I've set up hik-connect on several routers without failure so id say you should be ok.

There's no setting up on routers. What do you mean?

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Vodafone do block ports on some routers so the HIk connect may not work.
    No harm in trying tho.

Looking like VF still block, Ive tried opening the ports with NAT but no luck, then tried hik connect and still no connection.
    Took the recorder off site to an eircom broadband connection and both worked straight away so looks like VF mobile router will not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

I had same trouble with meteor/eir 4g router would not open any ports for me. Ended up getting cameras with P2P works a treat now no port forwarding required

• Registered Users Posts: 21 brk13

When I set up hik-connect I've never had a router block it was what I meant

Ended up swapping the hik's out as I had to stay with the vodafone router so I put in 2 Nest outdoor streaming camera's and working perfectly.
    Had a break-in at the site the night after I put them live and received an email from Nest to say there was activity detected by the camera's and I was able to watch the bad guys onsite.

Advertisement