Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit refund

• 13-09-2017 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was made an offer of a place on the HDip Psychology course in Trinity College starting this September. It was a conditional offer, looking for 2 additional items that I could not provide (academic and work reference). I explained this to the course organiser and she that's okay, and to go ahead and accept the offer. I accepted it, and paid a €500 deposit. Fast forward to now, and I have heard nothing from them, about registration, paying fees etc. I contacted Trinity and they said that my offer was withdrawn because I didn't provide the items requested with the conditional offer. I explained that the course organiser had waived those, and I asked for my deposit back. They are refusing to budge on this. Firstly they stated, that I have to proved the the documents they requested are unsatisfactory, and now they are saying that I had actually provided everything in my application, so they didn't need those additional items they requested. This is the last line I received "As previously confirmed and as per the college regulations, deposits are only refunded where the conditions of a condition offer have not been met - this is the not the case here" So I met the conditions, but they never contacted me and withdrew me from the course, and now want to keep my deposit???

What can I do here? I'm arguing with an administrator via the Trinity online portal but getting nowhere. Any advice appreciated!

Advertisement