Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone possibly blacklisted by Eircom/Meteor?

Options
  • 13-09-2017 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a phone on Done Deal recently and was assured that it was unlocked. I tried it with my three sim, and it worked for about 12 hours at least, can't be sure. However, now it doesnt' work and Three say they have no record of the IMEI.

I'm struggling. Is there any way to find out if this phone has been blacklisted by Eir or Meteor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

cojobt wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a phone on Done Deal recently and was assured that it was unlocked. I tried it with my three sim, and it worked for about 12 hours at least, can't be sure. However, now it doesnt' work and Three say they have no record of the IMEI.

I'm struggling. Is there any way to find out if this phone has been blacklisted by Eir or Meteor?
    What does the phone say when you put in the sim card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cojobt

flexcon wrote: »
    Hi,

What does the phone say when you put in the sim card?
    Emergency Calls Only. It's a Three sim. 

Hi,

If a phone is blacklisted by Meteor, can it be used outside of Ireland? Northern Ireland/UK/rest of Europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi,

Hi cojobt,

Thanks for getting in touch. The only way that we could check this if the phone was registered with Meteor/eir would be for us to receive the phone number and PIN that was registered with it. We would only be able to check it for the account holder or somebody named to speak on the account holders behalf I'm afraid.

Sorry I can't give you better news here.

- Adam

Hi,

If a phone is blacklisted by Meteor, can it be used outside of Ireland? Northern Ireland/UK/rest of Europe?
    Hi cojobt,

If a phone is blacklisted it couldn't be used anywhere in the world.

- Adam

• Advertisement

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi cojobt,

- Adam
    Well I have been badly stung then. 

Hi,

Hi cojobt,

- Adam
    Well I have been badly stung then. 

Hi,

Hi cojobt,

Thanks for getting in touch. The only way that we could check this if the phone was registered with Meteor/eir would be for us to receive the phone number and PIN that was registered with it. We would only be able to check it for the account holder or somebody named to speak on the account holders behalf I'm afraid.

- Adam
    Thank you. I've been scammed. 

Hi,

Hi cojobt,

- Adam
    Even if it was unlocked prior to blacklist? Will it not work in another region, like the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Hi,

Hi cojobt,

- Adam
    What phone do you have?

• Advertisement

flexcon wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi cojobt,

- Adam
    What phone do you have?
    Samsung S8+. Was told a story about a guy whose staff use S7s, got loads of upgrades, but held on to S7s and sold the upgrades.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,310 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Threads merged.

OP, you have multiple threads in relation to this issue.  Please do not start any more.

Hi,

Hi cojobt,

- Adam
    Even if it was unlocked prior to blacklist? Will it not work in another region, like the US?
    I'm afraid not. Once a phone is blacklisted it is unusable. 

- Adam

Advertisement