Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

brettmirl wrote: »
    Am still undecided on which size phone to get!

Anyone paying the €229 for AppleCare+ ????

iPhone X repair prices are not listed yet, but might be worth seeing if they update them here tomorrow to make an informed decision: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/iphone/repair/service/pricing

(also keep in mind their is a series fee - i.e. an excess - every time you use AppleCare+ for accidental damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Wonder how much Vodafone will want then...

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

Bob24 wrote: »

iPhone X repair prices are not listed yet, but might be worth seeing if they update them here tomorrow to make an informed decision: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/iphone/repair/service/pricing

(also keep in mind their is a series fee - i.e. an excess - every time you use AppleCare+ for accidental damage.
    I think I was told the excess is €99! So €229 for applecare for 2 years and then €99 if you break screen. €329 crazy stuff.
    Would it not be cheaper than €329 if you break screen without applecare. Especially since the phone will be pretty much waterproof now so no worry about water damage?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Going with the 64Gb silver myself...have a 64Gb 6+ since it’s release and it’s done me good. Time to upgrade tomorrow morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

Wonder how much Vodafone will want then...

Having seen the prices of Eir and the price differences between Vodafone and other carriers on the rest of the iPhone line up I think for the Super Connect (€80) plan the 64gb will be €449 and the 256gb will be €599. For the middle tear plans add €200 to each f those and for the lowest priced plans add €400 to each. I could be a little off but not by much, I have benn studding iPhone prices since the X was announced.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

If people value their photos then they should have a hard copy of them , either printed or stored on Optical disk.

Both of those are volatile formats that degrade over time

iancairns wrote: »
    Bob24 wrote: »

iPhone X repair prices are not listed yet, but might be worth seeing if they update them here tomorrow to make an informed decision: [url=[/url]

I think I was told the excess is €99! So €229 for applecare for 2 years and then €99 if you break screen. €329 crazy stuff.
    Would it not be cheaper than €329 if you break screen without applecare. Especially since the phone will be pretty much waterproof now so no worry about water damage?!

No if it is just a screen replacement the AppleCare+ fee is €29 (see the link I posted). 99 is for other repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm not against paying three 549 for it since I could get 350 odd for my iPhone 7 unlocked, but I know they'd ask for a 150 quid deposit odd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I’m still undecided about what colour to go with. I’m leaning toward the normal black but because the front is the same on both I’m not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Best of luck in the morning people :-)

• Advertisement

Does anyone have an idea of delivery if successful tomorrow ?

Nov 3rd i think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

What time are we expecting the per-orders to go live?

8:01 am :-)

2 Hrs to go, I've the 256 GB added to favorites ! tick tock !

Had to reboot phone now I get this message.

"We've got something special in store for you, and we can't wait for you to see it, please check back soon.

Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone buying through UK site via PM and Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Those who are about to buy the iPhone X salute you.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I'm using an iPhone 5s, so it may not be the quickest with the app, do i just wait until exactly 8:01 and then launch the app?

Hope this all goes smoothly and there aren’t any major issues. It’s the most hyped up launch in a while so the demand will probably mirror that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

Kagawa wrote: »
    I'm using an iPhone 5s, so it may not be the quickest with the app, do i just wait until exactly 8:01 and then launch the app?

It would appear that the speed of the app is on apple's end. It seems to process the details on apples side faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

On a train this should prove interesting

Good luck to everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have a feeling it will be longer than 08:01 till we can order it

08:01 and still not there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Still down.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Eir's website still has nothing showing up! :(