Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

What actual delivery dates ye getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Denisoftus wrote: »
    2-3 weeks too, was refreshing every 5 sec, not sure how Nov 3 was even possible :)

I had it in the basket to ship then but as it needed my already saved shipping details it’s pushed out to 2-3 weeks as a result.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

stimpson wrote: »
    Last year the 2-3 week orders seemed to ship quicker than that. I think most shipped closer to launch date.

hoping for that! will be hard to wait 2 weeks after everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Sold out on Vodafone, hm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Boom...

Delivery 07NOV... Grey 64GB

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Does anyone else thing Eir made a boob and sold all their phone yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

eeloe wrote: »
    Fock, could be right!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Got a 256gb
    Initially it siad 2 to 3 weeks
    Noticed fone number was wrong
    Edited it ... still was wrong , and shipping slipped to 4 to 5 weeks
    Didn’t hold my place .. also annoyed about website not opening on time for us Irish folk !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

eeloe wrote: »

Probably- last year they sent out their phones early too! Dubs got them the rest of us saw delivery recalled!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

64GB Silver November 7th delivery. Delighted.... I wasn't expecting it until the new year after reading all the supply constraint stories. Now to order a case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Sold out on Vodafone, hm

Available on Vodafone now, all models. Didn't bother as its €979 and 24 months of €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

gartcork wrote: »
    64GB Silver November 7th delivery. Delighted.... I wasn't expecting it until the new year after reading all the supply constraint stories. Now to order a case!

If you didn't order it today, you wouldn't have seen one before Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

So many practice runs and still fumbled my way through the process, still delivery 7th 256 space grey very happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

Won't be bothering with the X, have the cash to burn on one, have the 6 at the moment and dying to upgrade but going to leave it. Don't feel that influenced by iPhone these days and totally not into the face id thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

So what did people get after that mess?

It went live for me at 8.11. Tried app and website.
    Order a black 64GB model.
    Delivery estimate 13-20 Nov.

I paid by Apple Pay using the app so checkout was flawless for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

So much fir the apple store app being the best way to buy. It was after 8:10 and I could see nothing. I reset the iPad as I feared some kind of caching. After that the store has n the site came up before my app. I was able to launch into the app then and grab my favourites and order but I too had issues with my shipping address, which was previously fine. Thankfully I had an alternate so that switch worked. Also, a new terms and conditions tick box fir Touch ID. Absolute crap experience but I did get what I wanted. It’s nit on though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Headshot wrote: »
    Really ****ing annoyed by their ****e website, it took their ****ing sweet time updating it and as a result im 2-3 weeks

Dispatched: 2-3 weeks
    Delivers: 15 Nov - 22 Nov by Express Shipping

I got in as soon as it went live but still got the same delivery dates as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

64 silver for launch day wohooooooooooo

I had the iPad and phone stores open I noticed the iPad was first on WiFi at 8:03.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I was like… bam bam bam @8:04. But still only 2-3 weeks for the 256gb space grey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Got a pre order on Vodafone! Happy about the pre order, less so about the 250 quid in advance credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭kod12

Anyone know when Three are going Live?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

I got 2-3 weeks delivery 64gb Space Grey via Safari on the MacBook Pro. Happy enough having waited this long. Hope it worked out for the rest of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I have a feeling that there was so much press about the app being quicker that most people used it, maybe causing more load on the servers for the app and it was bit slower? Just seems if a lot less people were using the web store the app could suffer. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

Vodafone appear to be blocking all existing customers forgetting the phone. Not showing on the upgrade pages only new customers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I’m getting the X quicker than I got my Jet Black plus last year. Think it may have be hype about shortages

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Holy ****! On the website and app it tells me I don’t have any orders but I have the conformation email?!:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Eh, I have an order confirmation but the order has disappeared from my order history on the app and “information does not match our records” when I try to view it through the website!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

kod12 wrote: »
    Anyone know when Three are going Live?

I just got an email from them sayings its live to pre order but its not on their site at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

mad muffin wrote: »
    Holy ****! On the website and app it tells me I don’t have any orders but I have the conformation email?!:eek:

It's just down from traffic. Try click the order link in your email, should take you to your order in the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I wouldn’t worry about the order disappearing. It’s the same for me but most likely just because of heavy load from the website.

Advertisement