Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Interestingly, the order confirmation page said 4 - 5 week delivery estimate but the actual order confirmation email says 2 - 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It's just down from traffic. Try click the order link in your email, should take you to your order in the app.

It is showing on my the app,on my iPhone, which is what I used to create the order. Not showing up on the website or the app on my iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

Up on eir.ie now. Went with Vodafone instead in the ****ing panic. Would've liked BT Sport Mobile  :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Showing up on my orders in the App hopefully we all get it a earlier than those dates.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

DubDJ wrote: »
    I wouldn’t worry about the order disappearing. It’s the same for me but most likely just because of heavy load from the website.

Yeah, it's OK. Everything will sync up soon...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

3 attempts to order through Eir now, and they just won't take my money! :(

Sorry - we couldn't process your order.

For those that have the order confirmation for next Friday. Did you order it Bang on 8:01?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

mad muffin wrote: »
    It is showing on my the app,on my iPhone, which is what I used to create the order. Not showing up on the website or the app on my iPad.

Yeah that's fine. The initial rush will have too much traffic for even the biggest website, so some stuff is lagging behind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

If I edit the shipping address on the Apple site once the option becomes available to a different address in Dublin, will that delay my order further?

Yeah that's fine. The initial rush will have too much traffic for even the biggest website, so some stuff is lagging behind.

I wonder why it’s showing on the Apple store app on my iPhone but not my iPad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

faceman wrote: »
    If I edit the shipping address on the Apple site once the option becomes available to a different address in Dublin, will that delay my order further?

It shouldn’t do as you’re not altering the order itself.

MacRumors is also getting hammered lol.

Eir website, on 4th attempt is now stuck hanging on "please wait while we process your credit card payment and process your order"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Have to say I’m pretty annoyed by how things went with the order. It didn’t go live for me on either the website or app until 8.11. By that time the 2-3 weeks had been added.

I know from past experience how annoying it is when everybody else starts getting theirs and you’ve to wait another 3 weeks. Especially since I couldn’t order even through I’ve been refreshing since 8am. Got the iPhone 7 on launch day and it was great getting to use it when everybody else was.

I don't know what to do now, do i close this tab with eir and try again and possibly end up with two devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

dave oc wrote: »
    I have a feeling that there was so much press about the app being quicker that most people used it, maybe causing more load on the servers for the app and it was bit slower? Just seems if a lot less people were using the web store the app could suffer. Just a thought.

I had the app all ready to go, and apple.com/ie running on 3 machines all signed in since last night only 1 of them got in at 8:03, got a 256 space grey for Nov 3rd. 2 of the 3 machines didn't get the store page until nearly 8:10 and the app was about 8:07. Demand was obviously through the roof and I can guess a fair few scalpers were in line today, looking for a quick win.

Have to say I’m pretty annoyed by how things went with the order. It didn’t go live for me on either the website or app until 8.11. By that time the 2-3 weeks had been added.

I know from past experience how annoying it is when everybody else starts getting theirs and you’ve to wait another 3 weeks. Especially since I couldn’t order even through I’ve been refreshing since 8am. Got the iPhone 7 on launch day and it was great getting to use it when everybody else was.

If it’s any consolation, I ordered it at 8:04 and still got 2-3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

eeloe wrote: »
    I don't know what to do now, do i close this tab with eir and try again and possibly end up with two devices?

Surely if you end up with 2, just cancel one of them when their website is fixed.

In the mean time, open a new browser or TAB and try ordering it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

First world problems. It’s just a phone. You’ll get it.

Ordered about 8.11 and got delivery for 15-22nd November. Happy out.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

For those that have the order confirmation for next Friday. Did you order it Bang on 8:01?

No, app came live for me at about 8.03. Screenshot of confirmation page was at 8.04

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

The store didn't go live until 8:03 from what I can see, but got a nov 3 date

I thought my order went through at 8:04. It it was 8:07.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

I reckon the reason mine is Tuesday week is cos the delivery address is in the sticks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Given there’s on supppsedly 3M worldwide I think you all did rather well. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Elessar wrote: »
    First world problems. It’s just a phone. You’ll get it.

Ordered about 8.11 and got delivery for 15-22nd November. Happy out.
    Of course it’s a first world problem, it’s a thread for ordering a €1,200 phone. You have to think of it as it is, I’ve been reading about the phone all year, been hoping for a big change for a few years now. One finally comes along, you wait two months and have everything prepared but because of some weird glitch you’ve to wait another 3 weeks.

It’s obviously not the end of the world but when you’ve been building up to actually getting something for that long it’s pretty annoying to have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Of course it’s a first world problem, it’s a thread for ordering a €1,200 phone. You have to think of it as it is, I’ve been reading about the phone all year, been hoping for a big change for a few years now. One finally comes along, you wait two months and have everything prepared but because of some weird glitch you’ve to wait another 3 weeks.

It’s obviously not the end of the world but when you’ve been building up to actually getting something for that long it’s pretty annoying to have to wait.

God 3 weeks? What on Earth are you going to do.

Allow me to play my little violin for you.

Edit: hint, you’ll still get it. But you’ll have 3 weeks to play out your existential angst

Right, after all my procrastinating the last two months about will i, won't i, and whats currently happening with Eir's website(14 purchase attempts) it's a sign that i should just give up the ghost.

I'm off to order a new case for my 7+ and be happy with what i have!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Elessar wrote: »
    God 3 weeks? What on Earth are you going to do.

Allow me to play my little violin for you.

Long wait for yours eh ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

eeloe wrote: »
    Right, after all my procrastinating the last two months about will i, won't i, and whats currently happening with Eir's website(14 purchase attempts) it's a sign that i should just give up the ghost.

I'm off to order a new case for my 7+ and be happy with what i have!

You say that but I bet you change your mind. :-)

• Advertisement

When do the reviews come out? I want to live vicariously.

Advertisement